inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rub offs?

Written By: coin2564 on 01/02/07 at 7:56 pm

I know that is not the name of them, but I can't remember the name of it.  Here is what it was;  You would get this full color tri-fold sheet of a city, ( I always liked the spiderman ones)  and you would take the sheet of full color spidey's villans, webs and stuff, place it where you wanted the image on the sheet, and place this tracing paper, semi-transparent film over top and with the lead of a pencil you would scratch the surface of the paper to "rub off" the image onto the scene before you.  They were so fun, and I want to see if they are either still available or on ebay, but cant think of what they were called.  Any help would be great.

Sorry I guess I should clarify, not tatoos, they came in a kit usually superheros but not always.  I always had the spiderman or batman one it came with two sheets of the characters and small objects like batarangs, batsymbols, webs for spidey and hobgoblin pumpkins.  there were usually 50 different color figures in each package.  They were always on a shelf by the kids book section.  Anyway the name is what I am after.

Thank you

Subject: Re: Rub offs?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/07 at 8:20 pm

Rub on tattoos, I beleve they were called.

Written By: karen on 01/03/07 at 10:24 am

Transfers

Written By: KKay on 01/03/07 at 10:27 am

we called them rub-ons.  i loved that stuff.  wait till i remind my sister. she'll crack up.

Written By: coin2564 on 01/03/07 at 1:41 pm

I found them, and I got their name;  They were Rub Down Action Transfers.

Thanks all

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/03/07 at 11:01 pm

oh...I used to LOVE those things...I think we used to call them "rub off transfers" back in the day! :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/07 at 12:43 am

Thanks all

Your welcome!  :)

Written By: KKay on 01/04/07 at 10:10 am

Thanks all

cool! did you find a site featuring them?

Written By: coin2564 on 01/06/07 at 11:35 am

There are a couple of Star Wars ones on Ebay, mainly from the late 70's very early 80's.  The best were the ones mid eighties.  I was 10 and would save up money just to buy those and GI Joes.

Written By: coin2564 on 01/06/07 at 11:55 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/78-DC-COMICS-BATMAN-ROBIN-PRE-PRODUCTION-PRESTOMAGIX_W0QQitemZ330066411673QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33808QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Sweet, here is an ebay link, for exactly the ones I used to play with;  PRESTOMAGIX, I even remember the guy with the white tux on in the corner.

Now if I can only find those quiz books that had the yellow marker, that revealed the answer as you rubbed it.  Those were so neat.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/07 at 12:04 pm

They were pretty cool...

Check for new replies or respond here...