inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Apple II GS text-based adventure games

Written By: baelor21 on 01/14/07 at 9:38 am

I'm looking for the name of a game that came out mid 1980's (probably around 1986) and was compatible on the Apple IIGS. 

It was a text-based adventure RPG.  The back story I remember was that is involved a princess, and an evil queen, and a stone that was the princess' heart either called the bloodstone, or wishing stone, but stone was definitly in the title.  When you bought the game, you received a story booklet and a little fiberglass stone, which was supposed to be the heart (which I found totally cool at the time, anyway. . . ).  Also, I remember a magick shoppe (spelled exactly that way) and that's about it.  There was other scenes from the game that I recall, such as visitng the cemetary, falling into a grave, having to reach the  magick shoppe before a certain time or it was game over, going to a wharf--which is always the spot I got stuck at :) , etc. 

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

Subject: Re: Apple II GS text-based adventure games

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/14/07 at 7:35 pm

Sounds an awful lot like Wishbringer.

You'll be pleased to find out that all the old Infocom games are available in emulated form on just about every platform running today.

Written By: baelor21 on 01/16/07 at 8:13 am

You are the absolute bestest person ever!
THANK YOU!

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/21/07 at 1:30 am

You are the absolute bestest person ever!
THANK YOU!

/takes a bow
//and if you liked Wishbringer, you'll love the trilogy of Enchanter, Sorcerer, and Spellbreaker. 
///Z-Machine Interpreter fanatic.
////You haven't laughed until you've done the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy game (and Douglas Adams' second Infocom game, Bureaucracy), and you haven't lived until you've tone Trinity and A Mind Forever Voyaging.

Check for new replies or respond here...