inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 227

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 1:52 pm

Anyone remember the mid 80s sitcom 227?  It ran from 1985-1990 and was about the lives of African-Americans who lived in an apartment complex in Washington D.C.  It starred Marla Gibbs and Jack

Subject: Re: 227

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/18/07 at 2:04 pm

I had actually never heard of this show before they started showing re-runs occasonally on TV Land. I watch it whenever it comes on now, and really like what I've seen of it so far.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/07 at 2:08 pm

i used to love this show.  my favorite was an episode where mary and sandra get locked in a store or something with pee wee herman.  i don't remember all the details, but i remember it being hilarious! i guess Season 1 didn't sell very well on DVD because i never did see season 2.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/18/07 at 4:48 pm

I watched it as my mom enjoyed it and so did some of my friends. I think it came on Saturdays or towards the weekend. I haven't seen it much in recent years, but I like to stop my channel surfing and rest it on that show for a bit.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 5:43 pm

i used to love this show.  my favorite was an episode where mary and sandra get locked in a store or something with pee wee herman.  i don't remember all the details, but i remember it being hilarious! i guess Season 1 didn't sell very well on DVD because i never did see season 2.

Hopefully the rest of the Seasons will come on DVD.  I can hardly wait to get them

I watched it as my mom enjoyed it and so did some of my friends. I think it came on Saturdays or towards the weekend. I haven't seen it much in recent years, but I like to stop my channel surfing and rest it on that show for a bit.

It was on Saturdays yes, which is one of the more memorable things about it, cause in those days, you could see Sitcoms on the Weekend, unlike today.  The last Sitcom I ever remember being aired in Weekend prime time was Designing Women circa 1993

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/18/07 at 6:04 pm

Hopefully the rest of the Seasons will come on DVD.  I can hardly wait to get them

It was on Saturdays yes, which is one of the more memorable things about it, cause in those days, you could see Sitcoms on the Weekend, unlike today.  The last Sitcom I ever remember being aired in Weekend prime time was Designing Women circa 1993

Yeah, I think also these popular sitcoms also aired on Saturdays:

Amen!
Alf
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Herman's Head (actually, this may have been on Sundays)

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/18/07 at 6:28 pm

I used to watch this with my grandma. We'd eat dinner while watching it. Some good memories.  :)

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/18/07 at 6:37 pm

I remember that show coming on alot, but I never watched it.

Written By: star80 on 01/18/07 at 8:17 pm

Yeah, I loved that show and does anyone remember that Regina King, who played the daughter has went on to make lots of movies including Boyz In The Hood, Friday, How Stella Got Her Groove Back? and so on.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 8:21 pm

Yeah, I loved that show and does anyone remember that Regina King, who played the daughter has went on to make lots of movies including Boyz In The Hood, Friday, How Stella Got Her Groove Back? and so on.

She is a BIG movie star yes.  When "Enemy of the State" came out, and I saw her as Will Smith's wife, I was like, hey, that's Brenda from 227 ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...