inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s metal

Written By: mr crowly on 01/29/07 at 9:52 am

since  theres  a  lot of new memebers  here  that i dont know ( or to be honest cant remeber no direspect  but it has  been a while)  i thought my firts post  can be  a basic one  . 

how many people here love  80s metal

i love it  judas preist  motly crue rainbow  cinderrella  ( i find that word hard to spell)    white lion    accept  megadeath metalica  all those bands are ace  talking of  whom i also love 80s kiss  as well  ( creatures of the night rock )

how you guys  do you like it or hate it lol

Subject: Re: 80s metal

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 9:59 am

I love Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Overkill, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest... loads more.

What's your favorite album of the time?

Written By: mr crowly on 01/29/07 at 10:19 am

ok dont  do that to me lol  serously  my fave metal album  heres a list

megadeath  rust in pece

judas preist  british steel

kiss  crazy nights

ozzy orsbourn  ultimite sin 

simple reason being those were the first albums i  ever bought from them so they hol;d dear to my heart ( and my ipod/mp3 player lol)

how bout you angel of death ( thats a slayer song  right)

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 10:20 am

ok dont  do that to me lol  serously  my fave metal album  heres a list

megadeath  rust in pece

judas preist  british steel

kiss  crazy nights

ozzy orsbourn  ultimite sin 

simple reason being those were the first albums i  ever bought from them so they hol;d dear to my heart ( and my ipod/mp3 player lol)

how bout you angel of death ( thats a slayer song  right)

Yeah baby, ANGEL OF DEAAAAATH!! Reign In Blood is in my opinion the best album ever. Followed close by Rust in Peace and then Master.

Written By: mr crowly on 01/29/07 at 10:25 am

i have 3 slayer albums the one you mentiond southern cross  and seassons in abyss  southern cross rules 

Written By: Gis on 01/29/07 at 10:36 am

Love it! Though I drifted more into Glam metal and away from the thrash stuff as the 80's went on.

Written By: La Roche on 01/29/07 at 10:37 am

i have 3 slayer albums the one you mentiond southern cross  and seassons in abyss  southern cross rules 

You listen to either of the last 2 slayer albums? God Hates us All or Christ Illusion? They're fuuken uber alles. You gotta listen!

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/30/07 at 7:34 pm

We have a lot of 80's metal cuts on Renegade Retro, and a Friday Night show dedicated to Metal of the 80's (and some 90's and 70's), Metal Shop.  Check it out! 

Written By: mr crowly on 02/01/07 at 7:00 am

thanks i will but how much dose it cost lol  i dont like any of the lastes t stuff as i find it  go too far  ( in regards to slayers  newst recordings)

Written By: La Roche on 02/01/07 at 9:13 am

thanks i will but how much dose it cost lol  i dont like any of the lastes t stuff as i find it  go too far  ( in regards to slayers  newst recordings)

How much do the CD's cost? I dunno, like $10.

You don't like em? Dang man, that's cool though, gotta give you respect for the pure thrash love.

Written By: mr crowly on 02/01/07 at 11:15 am

are  you talking about the  radaio station cos thats what i thought it was lol

thanks for the respect same back

Written By: diofan on 02/03/07 at 11:27 am

are  you talking about the  radaio station cos thats what i thought it was lol

thanks for the respect same back

The radio station doesn't cost anything to listen to. The Metal Shop show airs Fridays at 4 PM Pacific, 7 PM Eastern.
Here's the links to tune in:
Winamp with Internet Explorer
Winamp with Firefox
Windows Media Player

Written By: Erick on 02/03/07 at 11:35 am

Heres a list of good 80s metal!

BAY AREA THRASH METAL

Heathen
Exodus
Vio-lence
Blind Illusion
Forbidden
Testament
Death Angel
Possessed

others

Dark angel
kreator
agent steel
helstar
sodom
venom
motorhead
death
sacrifice
razor
slaughter
whiplash
overkill
anthrax
nuclear assault
rigor mortis
devastation
rotting corpse
slayer
accept
iron maiden
savatage
necrodeath
blood feast
exumer
watchtower
powermad
sepultura
sarcofago
vulcano
iron angel
assassin
xentrix
onslaught
virus
sadus
morbid angel
wehrmacht
darkness
deathrow
destruction
mercyful fate
king diamond

and many more! FORGET THE GLAM CRAP! That ain't metal at all! This is the true metal of the 80s!

Written By: diofan on 03/03/07 at 3:06 am

Well Metal Shop does play some of that "Glam Crap"! Just cause one person doesn't consider it metal, doesn't mean others don't. If one wants to call Thrash Metal as THE TRUE METAL...then I may have an argument there! Bands like Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Deep Purple were HARDLY Thrash..but they were considered the "Founding fathers of metal". Don't get me wrong..Thrash is good stuff, but to classify a genre of Metal as a whole as the ONLY TRUE Metal....well....I don't agree with that at all!

Written By: Midas on 03/04/07 at 3:09 pm

Check the Metal Shop out TONIGHT!  10 PM Eastern

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 3:11 pm

Well Metal Shop does play some of that "Glam Crap"! Just cause one person doesn't consider it metal, doesn't mean others don't. If one wants to call Thrash Metal as THE TRUE METAL...then I may have an argument there! Bands like Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Deep Purple were HARDLY Thrash..but they were considered the "Founding fathers of metal". Don't get me wrong..Thrash is good stuff, but to classify a genre of Metal as a whole as the ONLY TRUE Metal....well....I don't agree with that at all!

Well, they're all part of the same family.

I think the more extreme the better.. so ya know. Thrash ranks high, Black Metal however.. ist kreig!!

Written By: diofan on 03/04/07 at 6:54 pm

Well, they're all part of the same family.

Exactly my point!!

Check for new replies or respond here...