inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Real punk... Buzzcocks - some videos

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/07 at 11:58 am

I got to thinking about these guys the other day, probably because more people seem to be familiar with the covers of their songs (usually in commercials, ugh). 

Here's some clips to their videos on YouTube, which I know you can find them yourself, I decided to take the time and filter out the cruft:
What Do I get
Ever Fallen In Love
Orgasm Addict
Promises
I Can't Control Myself

and while you're watching those:
They're together and touring!
Wikipedia Page

Like most of the British punk bands of the mid-70's, they saw a Sex Pistol's performance and decided they had to form a band. One of the first punk bands to establish their own inde label.  They also didn't last together long, only three albums.

Subject: Re: Real punk... Buzzcocks - some videos

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/07 at 12:45 pm

It's a shame The Buzzcocks never made BIG waves in North America.  I love "Ever Fallen in Love", though I sort of prefer the 1986 cover by FYC a bit more

In 1982, Pete Shelley had a Top 10 hit in Canada with "Homosapien".  One thing I always remember about "Homosapien" was the video because it's the first and only time I ever saw a Commodore PET computer .  lol

Subject: Re: Real punk... Buzzcocks - some videos

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/31/07 at 5:01 pm

Good band. I was introduced to them by the song, "Everybody's Happy Nowadays" as well as its cover by Ash.

Check for new replies or respond here...