inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone have the Mamas family Dvd?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/31/07 at 11:09 pm

Hi there.. Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Mamas Family dvd 1st season?  i want to get it and I was wondering what the extras werelike if there were any and I also wondered if there are plans for season 2 to come out? :)

Subject: Re: Anyone have the Mamas family Dvd?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 11:11 pm

Hi there.. Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Mamas Family dvd 1st season?  i want to get it and I was wondering what the extras werelike if there were any and I also wondered if there are plans for season 2 to come out? :)

hey Kelly, nice to see ya!  Yes, I bought it, and watched it within like 2 days. Unfortunately they have NO extras....only the episodes and that is it. I haven't heard of a release date for Season 2 yet...but I hope it will be soon, as I am anxious to keep on watching more of it.

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/07 at 11:16 pm

I was disappointed too that there was no extras.  I love the cheesy banjo music that plays over the menu screens.  lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/07 at 11:20 pm

I was disappointed too that there was no extras.  I love the cheesy banjo music that plays over the menu screens.  lol

yes, that's so classic!

Written By: spaceace on 01/31/07 at 11:24 pm

I still have to get that.  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/05/07 at 10:15 pm

hey Kelly, nice to see ya!  Yes, I bought it, and watched it within like 2 days. Unfortunately they have NO extras....only the episodes and that is it. I haven't heard of a release date for Season 2 yet...but I hope it will be soon, as I am anxious to keep on watching more of it.

Hi there.. I know its been awhile since I posted. Life is crazy MUCH!  No extras at all on the DVD???? Ugh!!!!  I still want to get it and I hope they at least release the Bubba and Iola eppys with or without extras but extras of any season would be so great!!!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 11:03 pm

Hi there.. I know its been awhile since I posted. Life is crazy MUCH!   No extras at all on the DVD???? Ugh!!!!  I still want to get it and I hope they at least release the Bubba and Iola eppys with or without extras but extras of any season would be so great!!!! :)

Ya, it sucked that there was nothing extra on it....but nevertheless...it was still worth it! Yes, I do hope they keep releasing them...and I'm with you...I definitely want the ones with Bubba & Iola...those were the greatest! :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/07 at 12:00 am

Lots of people have been complaining about the Mama's Family DVDs.  When NBC sold Mama's Family for syndication, the original episodes from the first 2 seasons were edited, and these versions are what appear on the DVD, thus excludes Season 1 from being "The Complete First Season"

I don't really notice a difference, but then again, when Mama's Family originally aired on NBC, i was like 5 years old, so I best remember it when it was syndicated in the late 80s lol

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/06/07 at 1:56 am

You know, I haev seen eppys on the I network and they seem to be the complete eppy to me and I know they show eppys Tbs didnt or couldnt.. I just love that show.  I haev been catching some eppys on CMT too. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...