inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember the Jets?

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/10/07 at 8:12 am

Does anyone remember the Jets? I liked a few of their biggest songs, like Crush On You, You've Got It All (Over Him) and Make It Real. Whatever happened to them? I didn't hear of any new songs from them after Make It Real.

Subject: Re: Remember the Jets?

Written By: LESLEY GILLESPIE on 02/10/07 at 10:05 am

Does anyone remember the Jets? I liked a few of their biggest songs, like Crush On You, You've Got It All (Over Him) and Make It Real. Whatever happened to them? I didn't hear of any new songs from them after Make It Real.

yes i remember the jets but i only ever liked you got it all over him. I heard they were really big in Canada. how sad is that

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/10/07 at 11:59 am

I loved the Jets. They had some great, classic 80s songs. My favorite will always be "Make It Real", such a beautiful, sweet and romantic song. They don't make songs like that anymore, unfortunately...

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/10/07 at 12:15 pm

A family with like 8 kids, all who played multiple instruments, obviously the 80's answer to the Partridge Family!

They probably did have more hits in Canada(but "Rocket To You" did pretty well in the States), tough to avoid since they were based in Minneapolis. Good thing they didn't record as the Wolfgrams, that was their family name!

I think they're the only successful band that named themselves after a hit song from the 70's, Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets"!
Heard it in an interview, but what do you make of that?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 1:44 pm

"Make it Real" and "You Got it All" were two of my favourites :)

The Jets were popular in Canada, but nowhere near as successful as they were in the States ...

1986 - Crush on You
1986 - Private Number
1987 - You Got it All
1987 - Cross My Broken Heart
1987 - I Do You
1988 - Rocket 2 U
1988 - Make it Real
1988 - Sending All My Love
1989 - You Better Dance
1989 - The Same Love

Written By: woops on 02/10/07 at 4:02 pm

Like "Curiousity", "Crush On You", "You Got It All", "Make It Real", and "Rocket 2 U"  :D 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/10/07 at 8:47 pm

Like "Curiousity", "Crush On You", "You Got It All", "Make It Real", and "Rocket 2 U"  :D 8)

I loved them!!!

These songs, along with "Cross My Broken Heart", were really good!!

Written By: robby76 on 02/10/07 at 9:14 pm

Long time Jets fan here. They are still going but in different incarnations. The sisters have a new Christian cd out called "Love At Home" and some of the boys have formed their own indie-rock group.

Here's the semi-official website... www.crushonthejets.com

And the girls have a myspace... http://www.myspace.com/mysisterslove

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/11/07 at 3:30 pm

They made some pretty good songs.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/11/07 at 6:40 pm

Weird I was just watching the video for "Make it Real" like two seconds ago. They were cool indeed.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/11/07 at 10:05 pm

I so remember the Jets.. I liked them and thanks to the fact that the store I work at makes us listen to easy listening cds, I hear the Jets at least once a day!!! ARGH!!!  I still sing along though.. ;)

Written By: nally on 02/11/07 at 10:09 pm

As a matter of fact, I do sorta "remember" them. When "You Got It All" was a big hit 20 years ago, I was in the first grade, but I remember hearing that song all over the radio and kinda grew fond of it at the time. ;D

And today I heard "Make It Real" on the radio.

I also think "Crush On You" and "Rocket 2U" are cool. ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/13/07 at 3:46 pm

The one I remember most as a kid was "You Got it All" which I guess was from 1987 (I didn't know the year until now, I just remember liking it as a kid). They had a few other hits that I learned about recently that I did not know was them, too.

Written By: nally on 02/13/07 at 5:27 pm

I never knew up until just a couple months or so ago that they performed the theme to the Disney animated series "Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers." Must've been one of the male members that provided the vocal on that.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/13/07 at 5:42 pm

I never knew up until just a couple months or so ago that they performed the theme to the Disney animated series "Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers."

They also had an extended remix version of that song, with a video The Disney Channel often aired.
Rescue Rangers Away!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...