inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I wanted some info on the cast of Too Close For Comfort

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/13/07 at 9:57 pm

Hi there.. I was thinking of some old shows I loved to watch and I remembered Too Close... I loved that dang show as a kid.. i remember the couch in Jackie and Sara's apt and thinking " How the heck can u rest ur back on that thing without the pillows falling off" LoL.. i loved the rainbow on the wall... It got me thinking, I know Ted Knight passed away but whatever happened to the rest of the cast, in particular.. Monroe.. Has anyone seen him on the tele latley?  he was so funny!

Subject: Re: I wanted some info on the cast of Too Close For Comfort

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/07 at 10:05 pm

On the Season 2 DVD, there is a cast reunion with Sara, Jackie and Monroe

They are all still actors doing bit parts in film, stage and tv.  Lydia Cornell (Sara) is also a novelist and JM J. Bullock (Monroe) can be seen as Mr. Monroe (yes, the name is in reference to Too Close) on the kids series "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide".  They never said what Nancy Dussault (Muriel) is doing these days.  She wasn't there on the interview footage, but she was in the clips for the Season 1 DVD release party

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/13/07 at 10:11 pm

cool beans... LoL.. I love the name  Mr. Monroe, thats rich.. wonder what the one that played April is doing?.. I saw her in a commercial and I saw Sara in a eppy of Curb ur Enthusiasm < I love Larry David>.  I totally forgot that show was on DVD now.. I guess I will have to check ebay or Amazon.  Thanks

Written By: Davester on 02/13/07 at 11:42 pm

I used to watch "Too Close for Comfort" just to see Lydia Cornell...

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/07 at 11:51 pm

I used to watch "Too Close for Comfort" just to see Lydia Cornell...

same here.  She was gorgeous

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/07 at 11:25 am

I just IMDB'd Deborah Van Valkenburgh  (Jackie) apparently she guested on Criminal Minds, Stand Off, and Cold Case in 2006  and on ER in 2004.....all shows I watch but I never even noticed it was her.... got watch for that next time!

Written By: Davester on 02/14/07 at 9:40 pm

same here.  She was gorgeous

There's a man with good taste...

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/15/07 at 10:10 pm

alright Guys.. time to put it back in the pants.. LoL. ::)

I do remember seeing Jackie <DEB> on criminal minds.. U know, i thought that was her...

Check for new replies or respond here...