inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Milli Vanilli: The Movie

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/16/07 at 12:57 pm

Yes, just what you've been waiting for a Milli Vanilli MOVIE. ::)

Yahoo and other reports note that a movie on the infamous pair is in the works. I sure wasn't a fan, but I was working in a record store at the time and remember their album flying of the shelves at first...did anyone here like them? I know girls were fawning over their looks.

Considering the groups history, the scandal and stripping of their Grammy, do we really want or need a movie about the famous fakes?

Your thoughts?

Subject: Re: Milli Vanilli: The Movie

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/07 at 1:09 pm

Does this mean it will be dubbed? lol

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/20/07 at 2:09 pm

I can't lie...I loved them, and I still like a couple of their songs, but I don't know if I'd really want to see a movie about them.  Sounds depressing.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/07 at 7:10 pm

Not interested.

Written By: Midas on 02/20/07 at 11:13 pm

Does this mean it will be dubbed? lol

;D ;D ;D

Ain't no shame in my game.  I still like Milli Vanilli, whoever they were.  I still have the album and 12" singles for "Girl You Know It's True", "Baby Don't Forget My Number" and "All or Nothing".  They were the def joint back in the day, before we knew it wasn't Rob & Fab.  And we got stupid to them.  WORD.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/20/07 at 11:37 pm

didn't the one guy die in real life? ???

Written By: Davester on 02/22/07 at 4:56 am

;D ;D ;D

Ain't no shame in my game.  I still like Milli Vanilli, whoever they were.  I still have the album and 12" singles for "Girl You Know It's True", "Baby Don't Forget My Number" and "All or Nothing".  They were the def joint back in the day, before we knew it wasn't Rob & Fab.  And we got stupid to them.  WORD.

Someone thought their story merited big screen treatment...

It's effing tragic.  These guys definately didn't rise to superstardom in a vacum...

Give the people what they want, right..?

Rob Pilatus, keep grooving in that big paladium in the sky... ;)

Written By: tv on 02/24/07 at 4:25 pm

;D ;D ;D

Ain't no shame in my game.  I still like Milli Vanilli, whoever they were. 
I think the real Milli Vanilli the lead singer was an older guy like late 30's maybe. I remember seeing a clip of the real Milli Vanilli recording a song on the VH1 behind the music special on them. There was also a girl in the group I think. The real Milli Vanilli probably would have gone towards more of a Boby Boomer audinence but the producer Frank Farian who also was a producer for mid 90's Dance groups LaBouche and "No Mercy" I think wanted to have a Generation X audience as opposed to the Boomer one at the time i think back in 1988-1989.

Check for new replies or respond here...