inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Fox Network

Written By: woops on 02/24/07 at 11:23 pm

"Married...with Children", "21 Jump Street", and "Tracey Ullman Show" made their debut on a then new channel called Fox  8) :D

Though I vaguely remember since I was watching more "Muppet Babies" and didn't watch "Married...with Children" until the early 1990's  ::)

Subject: Re: The Fox Network

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/25/07 at 12:36 am

I remember when Fox first came out, it was a really big deal back then. This was before most people had cable and there were only 3 major networks (4, if you count PBS), and everyone was like "Holy crap, we're actually getting another channel!" Most people didn't expect it to last very long since apparently there had been previous failed attempts to start a "fourth network," but "Married...with Children" really put them on the map.
  I remember the first time or two I watched it, I was with my brother and we were laughing hysterically at it. It was really quite shocking and controversial for its day, yet it was the most wickedly funny show since probably "All In The Family." It's the main reason Fox stayed afloat for the first couple years and then "The Simpsons" really made it take off.

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/07 at 1:01 am

I never got a chance to see the FOX network until the 90s.  When it first came out, it wasn't available through any of the channels that I could get.  I used to go to my Grandmother's house all the time, cause with her cable, she was able to get FOX-31 WUHF out of Rochester, and I loved to watch re-runs of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" :D

By the time we got FOX with our cable (FOX 68, WSYT out of Syracuse), all of the regular FOX shows like "Married ... With Children" and "A Current Affair" had already been on for a few years, and one of my favourites "It's Garry Shandling's Show" was on it's way out

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/25/07 at 4:11 pm

Ditto here, WD.

Written By: Davester on 02/25/07 at 10:58 pm

"Married...with Children", "21 Jump Street", and "Tracey Ullman Show" made their debut on a then new channel called Fox  8) :D

Though I vaguely remember since I was watching more "Muppet Babies" and didn't watch "Married...with Children" until the early 1990's   ::)

Fox Network was around that far back..?  Go fig...

Damn them to hell for taking over my beloved KTVU and trashing it with forgettable dreck...

At least 21 Jumpstreet spawned a really good actor (Johnny Depp).  Then there was that babe, Holly Robinson...

Written By: Brian06 on 02/26/07 at 12:02 am

Loved Married With Children.  8)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/26/07 at 12:05 am

"FOX" has released some of my favourite TV shows of the past 15-20 years. They've also cancelled some of my favourite shows of the past 15-20 years. So it's a love-hate relationship for me.

Written By: whistledog on 02/26/07 at 12:05 am

Fox Network was around that far back..?  Go fig...

Damn them to hell for taking over my beloved KTVU and trashing it with forgettable dreck...

At least 21 Jumpstreet spawned a really good actor (Johnny Depp).  Then there was that babe, Holly Robinson...

Holly Robinson was/is a super babe!  That song she sang as the theme to 21 Jump Street was released as a single, but I don't believe it was a hit.  

Check for new replies or respond here...