inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help please finding the name of a toy!!!!!!!!

Written By: farmatys on 02/27/07 at 9:28 am

I had this toy back in 1980-1981. It was kind of like a lego set. It had plastic pieces which you would connect together. Except when you connected all the pieces you had a monsters head that you can put at the end of it. All the pieces together would make a big monster. Does anybody have any idea what this toy was. It's killing me that I can't remember!!!!

Subject: Re: Help please finding the name of a toy!!!!!!!!

Written By: karen on 02/27/07 at 9:32 am

was it bricks like lego or lots of plastic tubes?  Any particular 'monster' you can remember?

Written By: farmatys on 02/27/07 at 9:35 am

They were plastic tubes. It came in a big box and the cover of the box was a picture of all the tubes together with the monsters head on it. I was 5 years old when I had this toy and I used to make a fake pipe out of the plastic pieces. I made the pipe because I wanted to be Popeye :-)

Written By: farmatys on 02/27/07 at 9:36 am

The monster was only a head of a monster and it was kind of bluish/purple color.

Written By: karen on 02/27/07 at 9:37 am

Might be Popoids  :-\\

Written By: farmatys on 02/27/07 at 9:38 am

I just looked up on google popoids and that wasn't it :-( I appreciate your help trying!!!

Written By: karen on 02/27/07 at 9:46 am

Try looking here you might spot the name.  Also try www.inthe70s.com in case it was a toy from the 70s

Written By: farmatys on 02/27/07 at 10:48 am

Ah wasn't there....thx again for your help.

Written By: karen on 02/27/07 at 11:24 am

Ah wasn't there....thx again for your help.

Ah well, always worth a try.  I'm sure someone else here will know what you are looking for

Written By: jayay on 02/28/07 at 7:03 pm

Hey, you might try these. My brother and I used to play with these when we were younger.  http://www.splitreflection.com/const.html

Written By: farmatys on 03/01/07 at 12:01 pm

Sorry that wasn't it either....my brother who vaguely remembers the toy seems to think it was called Mazoo. Has anyone heard of Mazoo? I did a google search with no luck.

Written By: Coffee on 04/08/07 at 7:24 am

Remember that popoids in the 1980's look very different to the ones they have now. The ones then were just pipes, they were not in a specific shape of animals or people. And they came with kewl large wheels.

There is a really small picture of the originals here:
http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=3485

Also, some people sell the original sets on ebay, here is a slightly modified set:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Tomy-Popoids-Playmates-Set-34-Pieces_W0QQitemZ260105024385QQcategoryZ56366QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Written By: the comic on 05/09/07 at 8:22 am

i think i know the one you you;re talking about, it was like a plastic version of tinkertoys. if it's the same thing i had but i still can't remember the name

Check for new replies or respond here...