inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WHY OH WHY???

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/05/07 at 8:00 am

Why isn't Perfect Strangers out on DVD yet??? What is going on?  There are so many stupid shows that have been released and they leave this gem sitting on the shelf.  It must be a money issue, or copyrights or something, because there are a lot of people waiting for it.

Subject: Re: WHY OH WHY???

Written By: Davester on 03/05/07 at 10:19 am

Give it time...

Money issue..?  Nah, it's never a money issue.  The studios are prepared to take a loss on DVD sales...

Seriously, you may get your DVD sets, but just hope that the show never originally included copyrighted music, which is almost like another charater in shows such as Northern Exposure and WKRP in Cincinatti...

Written By: whistledog on 03/05/07 at 10:51 am

According to the internet, Perfect Strangers won't be released on DVD anytiem soon, which makes me sad coz I want it bad

The episode with Doris Roberts as their housekeeper appears on a bonus Warner Brothers anniversary DVD that comes with Season 1 of Night Court.  It's so far the only time Perfect Strangers has seen DVD

Written By: Tia on 03/05/07 at 10:52 am

is madonna in it?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/07 at 12:13 pm

You make a good point, Bill....they still haven't released, "Wonder Years" either...and that show rocked!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/05/07 at 12:49 pm

You make a good point, Bill....they still haven't released, "Wonder Years" either...and that show rocked!

OR The Love Boat, no matter how much I lament about it.  :\'(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 1:16 pm

That's because of the music licensing issues.

Written By: Davester on 03/05/07 at 1:16 pm

Just noticed the first season of One Day At A Time is slated for release sometime this spring, if it's any consolation to all you's...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/07 at 1:21 pm

That's because of the music licensing issues.

ya, that's true...never thought about that before. That's a shame....that was a great show. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 03/05/07 at 1:35 pm

there's so many classic 80s TV shows still not on DVD yet ...

Designing Women (There is a Best of DVD, but i want whole seasons)
Benson
Mr. Belvedere
My Two Dads
Empty Nest
Valerie/The Hogan Family
Just the 10 of Us
Newhart
Silver Spoons
The Fall Guy

All shows I watched ... All of which I will get when (or if) they come out on DVD

Check for new replies or respond here...