inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Monster Pops (?) Popsicles

Written By: Metal Misfit on 03/08/07 at 2:52 pm

Back in the 80s, and possibly into the early 90s, there was a brand of popsicles (by Popsicle Pops, I think) that was called Monster Pops. They had Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein, and possibly Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Mummy.

Does anyone remember these and their exact name?

Subject: Re: Monster Pops (?) Popsicles

Written By: mr crowly on 03/10/07 at 6:39 pm

i think you might be thiking of the monster bunch version of the fruit bunch (the fruit bunch wore shade) 

Written By: MLB on 03/15/07 at 9:15 pm

Yer not crazy.  I believe I remember munching on a blue or green ice one with a frankenstein on the wrap.  But I do think they were made by the same people that make the fruit pops :Alexander the Grape, and Company.

Written By: gemini on 03/16/07 at 4:52 pm

I don't remember Monster Pops, but I do remember disney character popsicles. I think there were Mickey, Minnie, & Donald.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/07 at 5:39 pm

I also remember a similar product from the '70s, but I can't remember anything specific other than they were ice cream pops in the likeness of Frankenstein, Dracula, Ghosts, and such. 

Written By: HMAEA on 01/21/08 at 11:24 pm

They were called "Monster Pops". I remember having them all the time in the 80s. I remember the box being black and red, and the 4 monsters were Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature, and a Skeleton. I'm not sure if they were sold all over the US. I lived on the east coast when I had them. If anyone finds any information, pics, etc. about Monster Pops, please email me at HMAHEAD@hotmail.com .

Take care,

E.A.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/22/08 at 3:25 pm

I remember these (I think).  I never would have thought about them again if not for this thread.  Thanks for bringing a nice memory back to me  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/22/08 at 11:16 pm

OMG...I totally forgot about those..until now. That's awesome that you brought that memory back! I wanna eat one now! :D

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/23/08 at 7:31 pm

I kind of remember those...but I don't think I ever had any.

Written By: Metal Misfit on 04/20/08 at 11:53 pm

And the search continues...

http://www.retroist.com/2008/04/14/the-sacred-fellowship-of-the-monster-pop/

Check for new replies or respond here...