inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: McDonald's Peppermint Sundaes

Written By: Metal Misfit on 03/08/07 at 2:54 pm

Yes, I'm hungry and nostalgic at once!  :D

How 'bout this one? I can't find any recollection of McDonald's mint/peppermint sundaes from the 80s. They came out around Christmas time but I don't think they were around for too many years. One had green syrup and the other red.

Anyone remember these? I loved'em!

Subject: Re: McDonald's Peppermint Sundaes

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/07 at 3:04 pm

You mean Shamrock Shakes?

Written By: Metal Misfit on 03/08/07 at 3:31 pm

You mean Shamrock Shakes?

Nope.

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/09/07 at 3:14 pm

I remember them!!!!

here they are!

oh wait, that's not them... oh wait, i don't even remember them.

sorry, dude.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/09/07 at 5:39 pm

Nope.

Shamrock shakes are a mint shake... peppermint though I've never seen.  Might have been a regional test roll out, which means it was only available in one city.

ooh... speaking of which, St. Patrick's is next weekend, I can get a Shamrock shake... finally a reason to stop at a McDonald's.

Written By: Metal Misfit on 04/30/07 at 10:21 pm

Well, I found THIS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOb7T1pqj08

So there WERE Shamrock Sundaes... That's getting closer. But I'm still sure there was a minty sundae around Christmas time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/07 at 10:25 pm

Well, I found THIS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOb7T1pqj08

So there WERE Shamrock Sundaes... That's getting closer. But I'm still sure there was a minty sundae around Christmas time.

that was a great retro commercial! I wonder why they did away with the sundaes but kept the shakes? ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/01/07 at 11:53 am

They should bring them back, along with the McRib!

Written By: Step-chan on 05/01/07 at 4:18 pm

Shamrock shakes are a mint shake... peppermint though I've never seen.  Might have been a regional test roll out, which means it was only available in one city.

ooh... speaking of which, St. Patrick's is next weekend, I can get a Shamrock shake... finally a reason to stop at a McDonald's.

I've had the Shamrock shakes, but not the peppermint sundaes.

Written By: tylerbo20 on 03/16/11 at 6:55 pm

I just was searching google for these...When i was a child i remember going thru the drive thru and getting warm peppermint sundaes at christmas time..Mcdonalds did have them and they only lasted one christmas season...

Written By: Howard on 03/16/11 at 7:18 pm

Do they still sell them?  ???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/18/11 at 3:23 pm

I had a McRib a few months ago. Something about it wasn't right and I actually threw it up a few hours after eating it.  :o

It sure wasn't like the ones I had as a kid in the early 90s.

Written By: kevwa10191 on 03/18/11 at 4:08 pm

I had a McRib a few months ago. Something about it wasn't right and I actually threw it up a few hours after eating it.  :o

I've only had one McRib, and I got sick also!  It tasted a little wierd, but like an idiot I kept eating it haha.  I ended up sick an hour later.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/18/11 at 7:17 pm

No wonder the McRib keeps coming for a "limited time" They probably keep trying to see  how many people throw it up.

I want my 6 dollars back!  >:(  And my boyfriend want a replacement for the Nikes I ruined.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 7:27 pm

The McRib was delicious,It was smothered in BBQ Sauce.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/18/11 at 11:13 pm

I had a McRib a few months ago. Something about it wasn't right and I actually threw it up a few hours after eating it.  :o

Sounds about right :)

A pretty close match can be found with these or these (formed/pressed pork patty product), or these (textured vegetable protein for the vegetarians).  Most of the flavor of the McRib is from the sauce anyways.    

What's Inside A McRib?  If you can figure out the name of the company that produces processed pork patties in that particular form factor (the links above are hints in the right direction, but I'm not entirely convinced that they're exact replacements; on the other hand, I'm not convinced you really need an exact replacement.  Mechanically-recovered meat is mechanically-recovered meat.  This ain't Chez Panisse!), you'll have unlocked the key to having McRibs any time you want.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/18/11 at 11:36 pm

Sounds about right :)

A pretty close match can be found with these or these (formed/pressed pork patty product), or these (textured vegetable protein for the vegetarians).  Most of the flavor of the McRib is from the sauce anyways.    

What's Inside A McRib?  If you can figure out the name of the company that produces processed pork patties in that particular form factor (the links above are hints in the right direction, but I'm not entirely convinced that they're exact replacements; on the other hand, I'm not convinced you really need an exact replacement.  Mechanically-recovered meat is mechanically-recovered meat.  This ain't Chez Panisse!), you'll have unlocked the key to having McRibs any time you want.

Microscopic imaging of McRib tissue:

http://news.wustl.edu/news/PublishingImages/Human-breast-cancer-tissue_primary.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/19/11 at 11:52 pm

Microscopic imaging of McRib tissue:

Effect on human body and mind:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/amhirschman/my_ribwich_ani.gif

In McRib there is Slack.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/11 at 6:32 am

They do sell sundaes but not peppermint,They have Caramel,Strawberry and Hot Fudge.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/11 at 10:55 am

Effect on human body and mind:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/amhirschman/my_ribwich_ani.gif

In McRib there is Slack.

"Looks like meat. Tastes like meat. Isn't meat at all.  Doubleplusgood!"

--Parsons

Check for new replies or respond here...