inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The redisgn of the 80s Toys pages is complete!

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/09/07 at 5:09 pm

I am so happy, I could squeal.  After a couple months of planning and coding, the first redesigned section of the site is now available.

80's Toys

Please let me know if anything is hard to use, broken, etc.  I welcome any and all feedback!

Subject: Re: The redisgn of the 80s Toys pages is complete!

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/09/07 at 6:05 pm

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/fisherpricehappyapple0.shtml

Thanks to Rene for the first picture and comment! 

I'm sure they won't see this comment, but it's still exciting for me to see the section in action after working on it for so long.

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 03/10/07 at 5:08 am

:-X

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/07 at 2:41 pm

Hi. I tried to leave a comment for the Max Steel Robo force and it kept queing that I was using profanity/ banned words, and wouldn't let me submit. 

Here is the comment I tried to leave.

I had the Max Steel Roboforce Base, which was on sale at Odd Lot (Big Lots) close out stores for 9.95 in 1986. It was a large 28 inch white crystal castle, with a flip around turret on the top, that changed from crystal dome, to laser blaster. It split apart, and had a drawbridge, a little prison, a few snap on machine guns.  I never had any of the guys, but this base was pretty cool for my Secret Wars spiderman action figures. Later I found out my grandma gave it away for 25 cents. 

???  Nice list otherwise.

hmm.. there may be a bug, I'll see what's going on with it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/07 at 2:46 pm

Hi. I tried to leave a comment for the Max Steel Robo force and it kept queing that I was using profanity/ banned words, and wouldn't let me submit. 

Here is the comment I tried to leave.

I had the Max Steel Roboforce Base, which was on sale at Odd Lot (Big Lots) close out stores for 9.95 in 1986. It was a large 28 inch white crystal castle, with a flip around turret on the top, that changed from crystal dome, to laser blaster. It split apart, and had a drawbridge, a little prison, a few snap on machine guns.  I never had any of the guys, but this base was pretty cool for my Secret Wars spiderman action figures. Later I found out my grandma gave it away for 25 cents. 

???  Nice list otherwise.

weird.  It was definitely blocking on something in there.  I think the filter was a little too restrictive, so I deleted a few dozen words that really just didn't need filtering.  I posted your comment for you, thanks for letting me know

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/13/07 at 3:02 pm

Latest Comments

As always, when I build something for the first time, I spend a lot of time refining it and adding features as I think of them.  I now have the most recent images and comments linked to on the toys index.

I'm going to begin working through the immense backlog of submissions for this section, and then once that's done, try to find all the duplicate entries (I know there's a lot of them right now).

Written By: Jman on 04/26/07 at 5:16 pm

hi I use your website every day and i love it, I'm actually using it for a report.  Anyway I'll cut to the chase, I have a suggestion for a new section.  I think it should be gameshows of the 80's because many of them that we watch now aired 20 yrs. ago.  thank you and have a nice decade

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/07 at 5:38 pm

hi I use your website every day and i love it, I'm actually using it for a report.  Anyway I'll cut to the chase, I have a suggestion for a new section.  I think it should be gameshows of the 80's because many of them that we watch now aired 20 yrs. ago.  thank you and have a nice decade

I used to have one, along with pages about every tv show and band.  I think once the scripts for the toys section is done, and is tested out ok on the clothing section, I'll be bringing those pages back.  It won't be for a few more weeks though, so I doubt it'll be in time for any reports you might have to do.

Written By: Stinkyy on 04/29/07 at 7:55 am

Congrats on getting all that up! I loved browsing!

My only feedback would be to request a gallery view, that way I could surf quicker!

Check for new replies or respond here...