inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's toys and games

Written By: dollybones on 03/12/07 at 1:00 pm

Cat-and-mouse game....

Hi there,
  My name is Sean.  I stumbled upon this website and I am hoping someone can help me.  I am searching for a toy (a certain cat and mouse game) which is I think from the late 70's but most likely early 80's - but I am not 100% certain on that. I'll be as specific as I can in its description. I have'nt seen this game in years. I used to own it as a kid and loved it. It consisted of a large grey-colored cats head, and you pulled a big long red tongue out of the cats mouth, which slowly retracted back into the cat's mouth when you started the game... The tongue had squares drawn on it and there were three or four mice and a die you had to roll. The mice were placed on the squares of the cats tongue close to the cats mouth and when you started the game, the tongue would slowly retract back into the cat's mouth, and the cat's mouth would chomp up and down and you had to try and not to let your mouse get eaten by its big mouth by rolling the die, jumping the squares, and hoping to roll high enough numbers to get your mouse up to the end of the cats tongue before its tongue completely went inside the cats big mouth. The tongue was motorized, and I think the game made kind of a rapid constant loud clicking sort of noise as the tongue was slowly retracting back into the cats big chomping mouth...
  I have tried hard to remember the name of this game but I can't. I have searched different websites including e-bay and amazon, and used different search engines, but so far I have'nt been able to find anything about the game at all. The game was lost when our house burned down when I was a kid. I'll never forget how upset I was when it was lost in the fire. I would love to own this game again, or at least see a pic of the game or know what it was called. Does anyone own this game or has anyone heard of it or remember its name?? I am hoping someone may have seen it somewhere, or have came across it at one time or another or know its name, or could at least direct me to where I may be able to find it.  I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.
  If so e-mail me at:  seanf31@hotmail.com
    Thank you
      Sean

Check for new replies or respond here...