inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alphaville

Written By: Kajagoogootimes on 04/04/07 at 10:19 am

Just listening to the brilliant song, "Lassie Come Home", and having trouble finding if it charted anywhere.
Google and I are fighting right now so it's not repsonding to my needs.

-Kaja

Subject: Re: Alphaville

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 11:13 am

I can tell you it never charted in the US or Canada.  What year did it come out?

Written By: Kajagoogootimes on 04/04/07 at 11:19 am

It came out in 1986 on the "Afternoons In Utopia" album.
I'm thinking it's just one of those that I liked that were never released.

-Kaja

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 11:27 am

It came out in 1986 on the "Afternoons In Utopia" album.
I'm thinking it's just one of those that I liked that were never released.

-Kaja

Ah, I think that was just an album track then.  To my knowledge, the only singles pulled from that album were "Red Rose" and "Dance With Me"

I should've actually known what album that song came on.  I have "Afternoons in Utopia" on cassette lol

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 11:10 am

I owned the cassette for years and never listened to anything but Forever Young... it's my theme song!

Written By: Kajagoogootimes on 04/07/07 at 12:05 pm

What's this cassette thing you keep mentioning?  ::)

I'm actually thankful that Lassie Come Home wasn't released. Gives it more respect...or, that's what I keep telling myself.

-Kaja

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 12:10 pm

What's this cassette thing you keep mentioning?  ::)

I'm actually thankful that Lassie Come Home wasn't released. Gives it more respect...or, that's what I keep telling myself.

-Kaja

After careful excavation of my room I found one!  Plastic case that holds brown tape apparently sound could be recorded on this tape... .  the true fun is in pulling on the tape unwinding it from its casing and then swinging the damn thing like one of those things you swing around over your head... what are those things called???

Check for new replies or respond here...