inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Samantha Fox - Poll

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 6:34 pm

YEAR 1986 1986 1986 1986 1987 1987 1987 1987 1988 1989 1989 1989

SONG TITLE Touch Me (I Want Your Body) Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me?) Hold on Tight I'm All You Need Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now I Surrender (to the Spirit of the Night) I Promise You (Get Ready) True Devotion Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) Love House I Wanna Have Some Fun I Only Wanna Be With You

UK #3 #10 #26 #41 #8 #8 #58 #62 #31 #32 #63 #16

CAN #1 #27 -- -- #27 #35 -- -- #8 #48 #10 #12

US #4 #87 ----#80-- -- -- #3 -- #8 #31

Subject: Re: Samantha Fox - Poll

Written By: nally on 04/04/07 at 6:38 pm

I think I shall go with "Touch Me (I Want Your Body)", as that is the only song of hers I really know.

Btw, Is "I Only Wanna Be With You" a cover of Dusty Springfield's 1964 hit "I Only Want To Be With You"?

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 6:40 pm

I think I shall go with "Touch Me (I Want Your Body)", as that is the only song of hers I really know.

Btw, Is "I Only Wanna Be With You" a cover of Dusty Springfield's 1964 hit "I Only Want To Be With You"?

It is yes.  She was the 4th artist to hit the US Hot 100 with it.  Dusty, The Bay City Rollers and Nicolette Larson all had hits with it prior to Ms. Fox

Written By: woops on 04/04/07 at 6:47 pm

The '80's Britney

Though she was in her early 20's, she was mostly about...rather than music

"Naughty Girls (Need Love  Too)"  :D

Astleast a few songs  were good

Written By: nally on 04/04/07 at 6:49 pm

It is yes.  She was the 4th artist to hit the US Hot 100 with it.  Dusty, The Bay City Rollers and Nicolette Larson all had hits with it prior to Ms. Fox

I have heard the Bay City Rollers' rendition of it...not as good as the original IMO. As for Nicorette Larson, I only know "Lotta Love" (which I kinda like).

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/07 at 6:54 pm

I need to correct myself.  Ms. Fox was the 5th artist to hit the US Hot 100 with it.  The Tourists (aka Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart) reached the US #83 with it in 1980.  Nicolette's version reached US #53 in 1982

The Tourists version was quite popular in the UK and Canada

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/04/07 at 6:58 pm

My vote goes to "Touch Me"... suitably sleazy in a perfect 80s kind of way!!!  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/04/07 at 7:37 pm

I Want to Have Some Fun

Written By: K-Bee on 04/05/07 at 1:07 am

Let's face it...Sam Fox could never sing, and she really had to rely on good producers able to cope with that  ;D
Thankfully, she found them in Full Force. They covered her limited vocal abilities with state of the art 80s synth technology and almost made her into an early new jack swing act.
From the poll, my vote therefore goes to "I Wanna Have Some Fun". Still, I like her guest appearance on Full Force's own "All I Wanna Do" (from the 1989 "Smoove" album) more.

Written By: Banks on 04/05/07 at 2:58 am

God, did I ever have the hots for Sam Fox as a teen!!! Though I guess most teenage boys did back then. I had posters (both clothed and unclothed) covering my walls, and mini mags and the like...

Ive still got her music videos on two store bought BMG video tapes for both her albums, whough I dont have her albums. I do have most if not all of her singles.

Anyway...I chose 'I Only Wanna Be With You' as my fave Sam Fox song...Loved the video as a teen. Something about Miss Fox being pulled into a garbage bin I guess.

As for the song 'I Only Wanna Be With You' Im sure that there was a disco version released in the late 1970's, though I oculdnt tell you who it was by.

AN

Written By: whistledog on 04/05/07 at 3:18 am

As for the song 'I Only Wanna Be With You' Im sure that there was a disco version released in the late 1970's, though I oculdnt tell you who it was by.

That would be the Bay City Rollers version :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/05/07 at 3:39 am

Samantha Fox in ripped jeans on the cover of my cassette tape :o 
she was fun
Touch Me (I Want Your Body)

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 04/06/07 at 4:35 am

:-X

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/06/07 at 4:44 am

My vote- "Do Ya Do Ya"

Reason: She came to the town where I lived, at the time.
Caught her during a photo shoot, at the local fair passing through.
Her breast popped out on a ride she was on....I was the luckiest 8 yr. old, as I caught it full-on.
If I'd have been any closer to it, I'd've been breast-feeding all over again!

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 11:09 am

I Wanna have some fun!  Although True Devotion & The Best is Yet to Come tie second.

I really liked the Samantha Fox Cd.  It was the best of the three (there were only three right - not including the greatest hits cd)
Oddly enough - if Amazon got it right... all three were released in 1990. Talk about overkill! 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/07 at 3:44 pm

It is difficult to chose any one as a favourite, but I certainly remember seeing her in the press and tv.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/14/07 at 10:14 pm

"Naughty Girls" was my favorite.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/07 at 1:50 pm

I went with Touch Me even though it is kind of corny but I like it anyway. Followed by I Wanna Have Some Fun.

Cat

Written By: Warlock on 08/10/07 at 5:28 am

A danish men's magazine said that a song bird lives in Samantha's breast, it might not be a big bird but it has beautiful accommodations.

Anyway, my choice is Do Ya, Do Ya and mainly because of the video, I still hve her poster on my wall by the way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/07 at 10:37 pm

My gay friend Scott used to sing "Touch Me" incessantly.  It was almost a tic.  God I hated that!
::)

Written By: Midas on 08/12/07 at 11:30 pm

"I Wanna Have Some Fun"

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/28/07 at 2:20 am

Well, my vote went to Touch Me because it stuck out to me the most, and I did like it..but in thinking more about it, I do remember Naughty Girls, I Only Want To Be With You, and I Wanna Have Some Fun pretty clearly too--and I also remember really liking True Devotion too..wow, I guess I never realized how many hits she actually had!  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/07 at 5:43 am

Is Sam Fox still entertaining the troops abroad?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/28/07 at 9:42 am

I Wanna have some fun!  Although True Devotion & The Best is Yet to Come tie second.

I really liked the Samantha Fox Cd.  It was the best of the three (there were only three right - not including the greatest hits cd)
Oddly enough - if Amazon got it right... all three were released in 1990. Talk about overkill! 

She's come out with 6 albums, actually.

And the first three were released in 1986, '87, '89. 1990 was just when the CD versions of the albums were released.

My favorite single is either 'I Promise You (Get Ready)' or 'Naughty Girls Need Love Too'. I used to listen to those songs incessently on Youtube until I got her greatest hits. I LOVE the videos, too!

('I Promise You (Get Ready)')

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ID49mYeu7zs

(And a REALLY good remix video of 'Naughty Girls Need Love Too')
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iFePbqH1WXI

Written By: johnny5alive on 11/16/07 at 1:49 am

oh yeah what she looked like in a 20 year old worn out pair of cutoff jeans! :)

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/21/07 at 1:54 pm

I only heard "I Wanna Have Some Fun", "Naughty Girls Need Love Too", and "I Only Wanna Be With You" back in the 80s.  I know that she was produced by Full Force who were very popular in 80s RnB.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/07 at 2:20 pm

Wow..I just read recently that she has come out of the closet and is a lesbian. That pretty much shocked me! :o

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/21/07 at 3:12 pm

Wow..I just read recently that she has come out of the closet and is a lesbian. That pretty much shocked me! :o

SAY WHAT????!!!! :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/07 at 9:59 pm

SAY WHAT????!!!! :o

I know...she doesn't seem like the type, huh?

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 11/30/07 at 8:38 pm

i've become obsessed with 'I Surrender (To The Spirit Of The Night)  :D http://youtube.com/watch?v=SFFQLLSzsTg

Written By: tv on 12/02/07 at 7:53 pm

Yeah that shocks me like Quirk said she is a lesbian but alot I have seen women that don't like lesbians but they are. Anyways, artiscally yeah she was in the 80's like Britney Spears was in 1999-2000 with limited vocal range but good enough production to cover up her limited vocal range for the time being anyway.

I

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/04/07 at 10:00 pm

Wow..I just read recently that she has come out of the closet and is a lesbian.

"I'll be in my bunk."

Check for new replies or respond here...