inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with Research for film: Elementary/Junior High paper games

Written By: research80 on 04/05/07 at 1:27 am

Hello! fifth or six graders in the latter part of the 80's-- you take a piece of paper and fold it in squares. Then you write a series of numbers on the top of each square and some kind of message is written in the middle and then you are supposed to close and open the squares for some purpose and wow, does anyone know what I'm talking about here?  That's all I can remember. I don't remember how to fold it, how to play it and what the purpose was but I do remember everyone at my school was obsessed. With this and other type of notes/paper/games. Does anyone remember and if so, can you post any details? Does anyone know if kids nowadays still play it?

Thank you so much!
research80

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 04/05/07 at 4:48 am

:-X

Subject: Re: Help with Research for film: Elementary/Junior High paper games

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 11:13 am

Also known as a  "cootie catcher." Rent Southpark Season nine, episode "Majorine,"  to see a great episode about the device of which you speak.

It was also featured as a plot device in Disney's animated series Recess.  The episode was Gus' Fortune.  The kids found one and thought it predicted the future.... why do I know this  crap?

Written By: san018 on 04/07/07 at 1:09 pm

I rememer that!! i actually made one a couple months ago to see if i still could! :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 1:36 pm

I rememer that!! i actually made one a couple months ago to see if i still could! :)

lol  wonder if the predictions come true if you fill out the selections yourself?

Check for new replies or respond here...