inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: question

Written By: san018 on 04/07/07 at 1:05 pm

does anyone remember a song from early 80s... i think it was called hey ET.....it was questions "asked "to Et and the answers were lines from other songs...sound familiar to anyone???????

Subject: Re: question

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 1:42 pm

nope don't recall
but I do remember seeing pics of ET with Michael Jackson  and then I remembered that Kim Fields released a single called Dear Michael about MJ and then I remembered the facts of life with Tootie and Jemaine and then I just went into this weird Janet , fame, Erica Gimpel thing which took me to Debbie Allen and Gene Anthony Ray (Leroy) then I remembered that he choreagraphed the cheerleaders dance in Eddie (with Whoopi "I'm a little black woman in a big silver box!" Goldberg) and now I'm thinking about basketball.... wait what was the question?

My brain is a very scary place

Written By: san018 on 04/07/07 at 5:53 pm

lol...thanks anyway!! my brain works like that sometimes also.... I think maybe the song was just something done by a local radio station??

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 6:13 pm

the more I think about that MJ and ET picture. I think that it was associated with an album like Michael Jackson presents ET or something

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 6:15 pm

the more I think about that MJ and ET picture. I think that it was associated with an album like Michael Jackson presents ET or something

I found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Music-Cassette-from-ET-songs-by-Michael-Jackson_W0QQitemZ180104497738QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1600QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/07 at 6:27 pm

Now that I look at that picture on ebay I realize that I've been wrong. 

All these years I thought MJ was trying to look like the women he admired First Diana Ross then Liz Taylor... now I see he just wanted to be ET all along... the resemblence is uncanny!  If I knew how to put images in my posts I'd show you....

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/07 at 8:04 pm

The only E.T. song I know of from the 80s was "Themes From E.T." by Walter Murphy, but it was an instrumental

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 04/08/07 at 4:41 am

There were other ET songs back then.

Neil Diamond had one called Heart Light.

There was one called ET I Love You that my radio station played all the time - which for some reasons I have always remembered most of the lyrics and can humm it on demand - but for the life of me I have no idea who sung it - it was definitely a guy tho. It wasnt Michael Jackson tho !

Written By: san018 on 04/08/07 at 9:05 am

Thank You for helping!!!!...my Sis figured it out...the song is Hey E.T. by a guy named Dickie Goodman...she found it on amazon .com!!!! :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/08/07 at 4:45 pm

I do remember the Neil Diamond song, that was a huge hit.  I'm sure there were several "E.T." songs.  1982-83 was E.T. mania.  E.T. everything.
::)

Written By: Snoopygirl on 04/12/07 at 8:20 pm

Thank You for helping!!!!...my Sis figured it out...the song is Hey E.T. by a guy named Dickie Goodman...she found it on amazon .com!!!! :D

I remember that song! I forgot who sang it. I just posted under the Dickie Goodman post on another board without realizing he did it. I forget what all songs were played in this but I remember one was " Take it Away " by Paul McCartney. I wonder if you can download this.

Written By: san018 on 04/14/07 at 2:15 pm

I think you can ..I heard a clip of it the other day  while looking for something else.. i was on the rhapsody site

Check for new replies or respond here...