inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone know where i could find a comercial of.... the Nuke going off.

Written By: Doc on 04/14/07 at 1:44 am

the girl was sitting in her bedroom window singing twinkle twinkle little star, as she looking up at the star it goes off... and was actually an ICBM. it was just before the wall came down. i cant find any reference of it, and well when i google search it i turn up rappers etc of the 80's and other odd ball stuff.

any info would be cool, a link to a youtube or google video etc would be better.

Subject: Re: Anyone know where i could find a comercial of.... the Nuke going off.

Written By: Davester on 04/15/07 at 7:38 am

Wow...

Chilling.  I'm officialy curious, now.  I'll see what I can find...

Subject: Re: Anyone know where i could find a comercial of.... the Nuke going off.

Written By: Davester on 04/16/07 at 12:43 am

Man, I can't find anything about this...

Written By: Doc on 04/16/07 at 6:45 pm

it was disturbing as a kid, just remember that now with my kids, there is no cold war... or real looming threat of 10k+ nuclear warheads from the soviets, etc.

only thing they kinda worry about is if their favorite show on disney is canceled.

:-[

Written By: Mushroom on 04/17/07 at 12:10 pm

Sounds like it may have been aimed as a pro or anti Star Wars PSA.  In the early to mid 1980's there were a lot of ads aimed at supporting or opposing SDI.

In fact, this commercial was probably anti-SDI.  It sounds a lot like the infamous "Daisy Girl" ad from the 1960's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKs-bTL-pRg

Written By: Doc on 04/18/07 at 2:45 am

close but more color.... same premise....

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 04/19/07 at 7:35 am

:-X

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/26/11 at 11:17 pm

As a fellow Cold War nerd, I also vaguely remember this commercial update to the "Daisy" ad, but I'm also having trouble finding it amongst the millions of other things that both "SDI" and "Star Wars" referred to. 

Check for new replies or respond here...