inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BROS

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/07 at 12:12 am

BROS were a British boy band in the late 80s consisting of Luke and Matt Goss (Hence the name BROS).  Anyone remember these guys?  C'mon, no shame in admitting it ;D

Year 1987 1988 1988 1988 1988 1988 19891989 1989 1989 1990 1991 1991

Song Title I Owe You Nothing When Will I Be Famous? Drop the Boy I Owe You Nothing (re-issue) I Quit Cat Among the Pigeons / Silent Night Too Much Chocolate Box Sister Do They Know It's Christmas <as part of Band-Aid II> Madly in Love Are You Mine? Try

UK #80 #2 #2 #1 #4 #2 #2#9 #10 #1 #14 #12 #27

CAN -- -- -- -- -- -- #18#20 -- #38 -- -- --

US -- #83 ------------ -- -- -- -- --

Subject: Re: BROS

Written By: robby76 on 04/15/07 at 4:39 am

Okay you got me!  ;D

Now I wasn't a huge fan but others around me were. I liked the hits but never bought any of their albums until last year believe it or not. I bought their Changing Faces cd (their 3rd and last in 1991) cos I found it in an old record shop and I remember I loved "Try" at school.

Out of your list I'd say my faves were I Quit, Too Much, Try and When Will I Be Famous.

http://www.volny.cz/dmf.marty/bros/CD3_CHANGING_FACES3.jpg

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/15/07 at 7:13 am

I like "I Owe You Nothing" and "When Will I Be Famous?", but I'm not familiar with any of their other songs...

Written By: Gis on 04/15/07 at 7:19 am

Apparently they may be reforming............

Written By: Midas on 04/15/07 at 3:01 pm

I have the 12" single for "When Will I Be Famous?".  I've heard "Drop The Boy" and "I Owe You Nothing".

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/07 at 3:12 pm

Apparently they may be reforming............
Were reforming?

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/16/07 at 2:36 pm

BROS? We seriously need a vomit emoticon on this board! I suffered them all thru my 1st year of highschool. How anyone could have found those anaemic-looking morons attractive is beyond me. BROSmania -though thankfully short-lived- was almost reminiscent of Beatlemania. I seem to remember they were connected to some drug scandle, hence their quick demise. ::)
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/msiart/large/0000381/0000381023.jpg
A comedy show did a send up of them: DROSS with "Why Should I Be Famous?"

Written By: K-Bee on 04/16/07 at 2:53 pm

Shep Pettibone did a decent remix of "I Owe You Nothing". Kinda saved the track for me personally.

Written By: Paul on 04/16/07 at 3:09 pm

How anyone could have found those anaemic-looking morons attractive is beyond me.

There's probably some almost 30-something British ladies who are thinking the very same thing!

'Brosettes' (for that's what they were) were quite frightening in their rabid appreciation of this lot...

The third member, Craig Logan, got booted out of the band, yet probably done best out of all three...becoming something of a successful mogul in the music biz...

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/07 at 3:15 pm

There's probably some almost 30-something British ladies who are thinking the very same thing!

'Brosettes' (for that's what they were) were quite frightening in their rabid appreciation of this lot...

The third member, Craig Logan, got booted out of the band, yet probably done best out of all three...becoming something of a successful mogul in the music biz...

Luke Goss has done quite well.  He played the villain in 'Blade II', but if you ask me, Matt Goss did the best of them all when he got engaged to Cuban model Daisy Fuentes ;D

She's hot, he's not .. what the hell? LOL

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/17/07 at 3:34 pm

The only song of theirs that I'm familiar with is 'Cat Among The Pigeons'... ???

Written By: Paul on 04/17/07 at 3:38 pm

The only song of theirs that I'm familiar with is 'Cat Among The Pigeons'... ???

That's probably more than enough, young Karen... ;)

Like their Stateside 'counterparts' (NKOTB...who we eventually got!), their songs haven't stood up too well...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/17/07 at 3:43 pm

That's probably more than enough, young Karen... ;)

Like their Stateside 'counterparts' (NKOTB...who we eventually got!), their songs haven't stood up too well...

Oh...I see!  :)

Written By: Chasey on 04/28/07 at 6:34 am

I used to loathe Bros. Absolutely loath them.

My girlfriend at the time was a certified 'Brosette', and I used to fly into a jealous rage everytime she mentioned Matt, Luke or Craig or if a Bros song came on whilst we were snogging!  Talk about passion-killer... :D

However, all these years later I have softened my approach to Bros entirely, and at least can appreciate them for what they were - harmless teeny-pop fun. 

I'll always give 'When Will I Be Famous' and 'I Owe You Nothing' a whirl at my 80's summer party! ;D

Bros may not have been the best that that 80's had to offer, but for sure they were one of the better Stock, Aiken and Waterman pre-processed pop-products of the 80's - especially when one thinks back to crap such as 'Big Fun' and 'Sonya'.... :o

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/28/07 at 10:23 pm

BROS were a British boy band in the late 80s consisting of Luke and Matt Goss (Hence the name BROS).  Anyone remember these guys?  C'mon, no shame in admitting it ;D

I remember them, and even have the "Push" cassette around somewheres.  My grandmother is from the UK and her girlfriends would mail her teenybopper magazines to give to me.  I thought they were so cute, and so I bought the album.  I didn't end up caring for the sound all that much.

Check for new replies or respond here...