inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 99 Red Balloons lyrics correction - Superhero, not Silverhero

Written By: Krioni on 04/15/07 at 12:45 pm

99 Red Balloons lyrics correction - Superhero, not Silverhero

In the 4th stanza, the lyric is "Everyone's a superhero" - not "silverhero."

Reasons? First, and most obvious, the term "silverhero" is meaningless. Google it and you'll discover it's used almost nowhere in the world.

Second, someone online says "superhero" and claims to have the original album with lyrics at http://www.sheroescentral.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=printer_friendly&forum=19&topic_id=22551

Third, fighter pilots think they are superheros. Come on, this is just plain common knowledge (or at least pop culture knowledge). Haven't you seen Top Gun, or just about another film involving fighter pilots? What fighter pilot would consider himself a non-existent "silverhero"?

You might want to update your English lyrics to reflect this.

Subject: Re: 99 Red Balloons lyrics correction - Superhero, not Silverhero

Written By: karen on 04/16/07 at 11:10 am

And this relates to what, precisely?

Written By: Class of 84 on 04/20/07 at 7:54 pm

I also want to clarify that in Lionel Ritchie's song "stuck on you", he doesn't say "this time I need a doctor". In fact, he says "This time I mean it darling".  Just wanted to clarify.....

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/07 at 8:13 pm

I also would like to clarify at how confused I am? ???

Written By: loki 13 on 04/20/07 at 9:15 pm

Almost nowhere means; someone, somewhere uses the term but why does it matter? I have the
original album and at no time did I think it was silverhero. Since when did lyrics have to make sense.

Does this make sense, and does anyone use this term?

"A Little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked him if I needed a ride"

Yet it is a lyric, so lyrics don't have to make sense. :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/21/07 at 6:52 pm

I think this is in response to the german/english translations on the 80s site...

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/07 at 6:15 pm

obviously the song doesn't make sense... it equates being a superhero with being Captain Kirk which implies that Captain Kirk is a superhero... bad actor yes (by bad I mean over the top) superhero uh huh

Check for new replies or respond here...