inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Murder, She Wrote

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/26/07 at 10:25 pm

Who here remembers Murder, She Wrote?

Subject: Re: Murder, She Wrote

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/07 at 10:35 pm

I do.  It was a fun show.  If I remember correctly, in the show's first season, Jessica only wrote about a fictional murder, whereas in later seasons, she somehow got entangled in a Murder investigation, and helped the police discover the real killer, which would all wrap up in inspiration for her next novel

There were 264 episodes in total, which means Jessica Fletcher was the author of 264 books

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 11:43 pm

OMG...I LOVED this show! I still want to buy the seasons on DVD someday. Hahaha...they even made Jessica Fletcher mystery books, which I used to have a bunch of them. :D

Written By: Henk on 04/27/07 at 12:01 am

Whaddayamean, remember? They're making sure you won't forget over here, still airing reruns... :P

I used to watch it, and quite enjoy it too. It didn't have any messy murders, unlike other series. Actually, it was all a bit too civilized, come to think of it. And just how did this Fletcher woman end up in so many murder cases? ???

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/27/07 at 1:32 am

Whaddayamean, remember? They're making sure you won't forget over here, still airing reruns... :P

I used to watch it, and quite enjoy it too. It didn't have any messy murders, unlike other series. Actually, it was all a bit too civilized, come to think of it. And just how did this Fletcher woman end up in so many murder cases? ???

And wouldn't you think that Cabot Cove, being a small town, would have had its population absolutely depleted? People were being murdered there all the time! I'm surprised there was anyone left in town.

I watched the reruns a lot. Enjoyable show.

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 3:53 am

Same here although it's on during the afternoon so it's easy to avoid

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/07 at 4:07 am

One thing I notice about "Murder, She Wrote" is that it's become a cult classic for old people.  This, and Matlock are still heavily watched by elderly folks

I'm not as old as the elderly, but I fit in this category cause whenever I see the reruns of either shows, I don't switch the channel :)

Written By: robby76 on 04/27/07 at 5:44 am

This is one show that is heavily shown in re-runs (like Henk said). That's fine by me though as they're great afternoon fodder. I'd like to buy the early seasons just for some 80s nostalgia, but it's not high on my list... yet.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/07 at 8:59 am

One thing I notice about "Murder, She Wrote" is that it's become a cult classic for old people.  This, and Matlock are still heavily watched by elderly folks

I'm not as old as the elderly, but I fit in this category cause whenever I see the reruns of either shows, I don't switch the channel :)

hahaaha..actually how I got turned onto this show...was because back in the day, we used to have this older lady as a babysitter and she would faithfully watch it. LOL!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/27/07 at 10:11 am

And wouldn't you think that Cabot Cove, being a small town, would have had its population absolutely depleted? People were being murdered there all the time! I'm surprised there was anyone left in town.

You made a really good point!  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 10:32 am

There's a british programme called Midsomer Murders set in a small village.  In about the 7th series the young sergeant comments to his boss about the number of murders in the area.  It's even a quote on IMDB!

Written By: Henk on 04/27/07 at 1:29 pm

Although I think the vast majority of episodes was set on locations other than Cabot Cove, I get your point. Population must have been decimated during Mrs Fletcher's residence... And still nobody asked her to leave! ;D

Written By: Haman on 04/29/07 at 1:13 pm

I remember it although I did not use to watch it very often.

It is still shown on cable TV in my country, too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/07 at 7:42 pm

Ugh...do you guys remember Jessica's annoying nephew Grady? That guy was so annoying..I hated whenever the show was about him or his girlfriend/fiance.....what was her name?

Check for new replies or respond here...