inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help need to find title to 80s video/song

Written By: rzbkcraig on 04/28/07 at 5:18 pm

There was a video on MTV that was not one of the most popular videos but was shown often during the early days of MTV.  I can not remember the title but I did like the song.  The artist was not a big name and I believe he was a 'one hit wonder'.  The video showed only the singer playing a guitar without anyone else.  He wore a Scottish Kilt and his features had patterns and colors constantly changing.  I can not remember any of the words to the song but would love to locate the song and see if it is still as good as I remember.  Thanks for any help you might give.

If you want to you could email the answer to rzbkcraig@cebridge.net

Subject: Re: Help need to find title to 80s video/song

Written By: Dean Wouters on 04/29/07 at 8:48 am

I'm looking for a song, around '87-'88, video was shown a few times on MTV-Europe.
A jumpy whitebread reggae song, "Cry a-cry a little bit longer, cry a-cry a little bit stronger, if our love is to be, Cry a-cry a little bit longer, cry a-cry a little bit stronger, sister oo, won't you drop that man and come to me" was the refrain if I'm not mistaken. There was also a "all systems go, count me down to extasy". Not the most literary of lyrics, but it stuck with me.
Anyone with a possible answer can mail me at : Dean.Wouters@telenet.be

Written By: Roberto on 04/29/07 at 6:33 pm

Can't help ya, but I have a video I can't remember either. Mid-80's, ended with this guy giving a kid this key, and when he opened this door in his house it was all stars and space-looking stuff. Any ideas?
-Robert.Grenier@hotmail.com
(please e-mail)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/29/07 at 6:48 pm

Can't help ya, but I have a video I can't remember either. Mid-80's, ended with this guy giving a kid this key, and when he opened this door in his house it was all stars and space-looking stuff. Any ideas?
-Robert.Grenier@hotmail.com
(please e-mail)

I would presume that this is Silent Running by Mike + the Mechanics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KL_fgWgK40

Written By: djteel on 04/30/07 at 1:42 am

this video i'm looking for i saw in 1986 .it was a female vocalist that reminded me of pipi longstocking..pigtails,freckles, etc..she was walking down a country road,singing  and passsing houses and stuff.much of the video was animated maybe i believe..some of the words to the song were "all the colors of the rainbow or "like the colors of the raimbow" or someting similar.. this might have been an imported video as i only saw it i think a couple times back then

Check for new replies or respond here...