inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Section Editors Needed for In The 80s

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/30/07 at 9:50 pm

I'm looking for people who are willing to review the new submissions sent in to the 80s site, inthe80s.com

It's relatively easy, and is complete done within your browser (no need for extra software).  What you do review the stuff submitted in the forms for a particular page on inthe80s.com.  If the section is Christmas Music, you will log into a special editing page, that shows you the oldest waiting entry about Christmas Music that someone entered into the form on the Christmas section.  You then make sure it's not already listed, and maybe hit a button to clean up the capitalization of the names, and fix spelling errors and hit a submission button.  If it doesn't belong, hit delete.

How often do you need to review entries? As often as you like.  Once a week is fine, more frequently is better.

Most of the sections on the 80s site are abandoned at this point, even though people were asking me to become editors I didn't have the time to assign people to replace sections that became abandoned.  As part of the redesign of inthe80s I've fixed the problems that made this such a chore in the past.

I'd prefer people who are regular users of inthe00s and know the 80s well.  You can pick which section you'd like, most of them are available except for the ones Dagwood & 80s Cheerleader are the editors for already.

What do you get?  It's not a paid position (sorry!), but you do get a new role on inthe00s and access to a couple messageboards only available to moderators and editors here at inthe00s.

Subject: Re: Section Editors Needed for In The 80s

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/07 at 10:00 pm

hey chucky...I wouldn't mind picking up an 80's section. I already do some of the 70's..which btw, I can't seem to get into it with the password I chose...is there another way I can get back in so that I can continue modifying those pages?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/30/07 at 10:29 pm

hey chucky...I wouldn't mind picking up an 80's section. I already do some of the 70's..which btw, I can't seem to get into it with the password I chose...is there another way I can get back in so that I can continue modifying those pages?

Send me a PM and I'll reset your username and password.  It may still be screwed up from the server moves.

As for sections on inthe80s... you can have as many as you want.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/06/07 at 7:03 pm

I wouldn't mind picking up another page or two.  I only really have two regularly busy pages.  If you have anything music related, I would love to help.

Check for new replies or respond here...