inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cough Commercial

Written By: star500 on 05/04/07 at 3:54 pm

Does anyone remember this old cough commercial from the 1980s? It was like claymation and it showed this guy driving down the street when suddenly he coughs and it looks like his whole face blows up. Then when it goes back to normal, his face is slightly messed up. There were two other commercials with a women at a restaurant and a man sitting on a chair reading a book. I'm not sure what cough syrup it was for, but it was probably one of the ones that are used in all these commercials: Benyalin, Dimetapp, Robittusin or Trimanic. If anyone remembers it and knows a link to it on the internet, could you post it? It used to scare me when I was little but I want to see it again, now that I'm older.

Subject: Re: Cough Commercial

Written By: pell on 05/10/07 at 11:12 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember a TV commercial that was something like this. Are you sure it was a cough and not a sneeze? Anyway, I've tried a few times to find it since you posted this, but nothing comes up. Now it's bugging me. :)

Written By: Kenosha on 05/11/07 at 11:44 am

Yeah I am trying to find it also. But are you sure it is an 80's commericial? I seem to remember seeing the commericial recently.

Written By: star500 on 05/11/07 at 12:36 pm

Yes I'm sure its a cough commercial, I don't believe it was someone sneezing, just coughing. I used to see it when I was 4 or 5 years old. I guess it would be 1989 or 1990. My mom even taped it on an old tape on a TV movie. But we can't find the tape it was taped on, my mom has tons of old homemade VHS tapes. It usually came on around Christmas time, I think.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/17/07 at 5:33 pm

I dunno, but if you chugged about a half a bottle of the old cough syrup with codeine, the whole world started to look like Claymation.
:D

Written By: Lindsay on 10/31/12 at 12:09 pm

Here you go!

http://www.theclayman.com/lisa-jane-gray/stop-motion/hack-attack/

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/31/12 at 11:02 pm

Here you go!

http://www.theclayman.com/lisa-jane-gray/stop-motion/hack-attack/

Fantastic find!

(For the benefit of anyone who googles around, the commercial was for Delsym Cough Syrup, by the late Lisa Jane Gray, and that link is a wonderful tribute.)

Check for new replies or respond here...