inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dr Gene Scott

Written By: conker on 05/23/07 at 11:45 am

Today for some reason parked here in front of my work station that weird late night preacher from the 80's and beyond popped into my head.
Does anyone else remember Dr Gene Scott?
When I was in college many late weekend nights saw me kind of drunk watching this foul mouthed very strange preacher on some Rochester NY TV station...I don't really remember the topics and I'm not religious but he was compelling.

Subject: Re: Dr Gene Scott

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/23/07 at 5:35 pm

He's on all the time, although he's deceased now. They rerun his preachings and now they also air newer episodes of his daughter preaching and singing. Sometimes it's okay to watch, but it's not very exciting.

Written By: Davester on 05/24/07 at 4:18 am

I remember this guy from channel surfing in the eighties starting in '83 (didn't have cable before then...).  I think he was broadcast on some public access channel.  He was ALWAYS on the air, no matter what time of day or night.  I would watch him once in awhile and could only guess what the heck he was talking about, but I found his ramblings quite funny groove ;) on...

Oh, and his program was called "The Doctor Is In"...

Written By: Marian on 05/26/07 at 12:58 pm

He's on all the time, although he's deceased now. They rerun his preachings and now they also air newer episodes of his daughter preaching and singing. Sometimes it's okay to watch, but it's not very exciting.
didn't realize he was dead.When did he die?

Written By: Davester on 05/27/07 at 5:27 am

didn't realize he was dead.When did he die?

A check on Wiki shows he died pretty recently, Feb. 21, 2005, from a stroke...

Check for new replies or respond here...