inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Change - Tears for Fears

Written By: Duracell on 05/24/07 at 12:39 pm

I love this song. The synth in the middle is so sweet

\"You walked into the room, I just had to laugh\"

Subject: Re: Change - Tears for Fears

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 05/24/07 at 12:56 pm

yah, that is a good song.  They had so many, yet only a few got radio play. like to death  ::)

I like Mad World.  I don't recall if that is the name of  song, but it is repeated .

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/24/07 at 3:30 pm

Mad World for me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/07 at 8:51 pm

"Change" is one of TFF's best songs and one of my personal favorites.

"The Hurting" would make my top 10 teen angst albums.

"Pale Shelter" for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUI_OU8Qkp4

Written By: Gis on 05/27/07 at 4:01 am

I loved the band until they went all comercial. I loved Suffer the Children on The Hurting.

Written By: whistledog on 05/27/07 at 3:27 pm

'Change' was a Top 30 hit in Canada, and is a song I remember just like it was yesterday!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/07 at 10:56 pm

I loved the band until they went all comercial. I loved Suffer the Children on The Hurting.

I listened to "The Hurting" every day for several months!
I don't think they "went commercial."  "The Hurting" was commercial.  It made quite a splash in Britain.  Stateside TFF was "college rock/alternative" until "Songs from the Big Chair."  What happened was TFF changed their style from brooding synth pop to a more upbeat sound (though still dealing with nervous themes of neurosis and geopolitics), plus they added a soul/jazz element on "Big Chair" with a longer form improv style, which I didn't care for much.

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" was a cool song; however, it's not a song so great a song as to be immune from overplay overkill, which it got.  "Shout" is still TFF's most powerful song and "Head Over Heels" was nifty (except when my high school marching band played it).  It was songs like "Mothers Talk" that turned me off.

Check for new replies or respond here...