inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: M&M

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/26/07 at 1:43 am

M&M

Subject: Re: M&M Commercials

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/26/07 at 9:26 am

I think by the late 80's, they were pretty popular - their popularity grew even more into the 90's.

A tidbit I recall - in (probably) 1990, I attended a Halloween party and a few friends and I decided it would be a fun for some of us to come as M&Ms.  (At this time the M&M people had just been rolled out over the last couple years.)  My friends made the costumes using two gigantic colored cardboard circles, front and back, with an "m" in the middle and shoulder straps to keep them on.  Wearing the costume brought a lot of kudos to the four of us who did it. (I was orange, two others were green and one red - the red guy attached "poison" type symbols as he reminded us how the red dye caused cancer etc.)  The one drawback to the costume - it was impossible to sit, and at this party, being crowded as it was, we could only walk sideways!  ;D

Subject: Re: M&M Commercials

Written By: airsupplyairhead on 05/29/07 at 1:53 pm

I've had that feeling too.

Check for new replies or respond here...