inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Poltergeist and ET are 25!!

Written By: airsupplyairhead on 06/06/07 at 3:17 pm

Poltergeist and ET were released 25 years ago this summer. They're two of all all time fave movies. :)

Subject: Re: Poltergeist and ET are 25!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/06/07 at 3:19 pm

Now I feel old!  :-[

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/06/07 at 7:08 pm

Damn!

I feel old!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/07 at 8:20 pm

I don't know if I feel old or not.  I was 4 years old when both movies came out lol

I saw E.T. in the theatres, and I have not seen it since.  I should watch it again sometime

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/06/07 at 8:28 pm

I saw E.T. when it first came out, too.

Written By: shellie on 06/09/07 at 1:23 pm

I saw both movies shortly after they came out. I watched "ET" at the theater when I was 4. I was on a field trip with my head-start class and when ET and Elliot were dying, I cried so much that the rest of the kids on the field trip started crying too..lol. I'm 29 now and I've seen the move several more times and I still cry. One of my most favorite movies.  :)

As far as "Poltergeist" goes, I don't remember exactly how old I was when I watched it, but it seems like I watched it at home with my parents maybe. Anyway, thanks to that movie,....I'm terrified of clowns now. Like seriously, it's a phobia. And yes I've seen "It" by Stephen King, and that clown didn't bother me nearly as much as the one in "Poltergeist". I can't even remember why I was so scared of it, and I've never tried to watch the movie again to try to refresh my memory. I guess I'm still a little...OK, maybe a LOT...scared to watch the movie again. :-[

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/09/07 at 1:32 pm

I'm older than both these movies and I saw them both in theatres.

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/07 at 1:35 pm

I saw E.T. when it first came out, too.

I saw it so many times I was literally repeating every line my last few screenings

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/07 at 1:36 pm

Both great films from the producer Steven Spielberg

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/07 at 1:53 pm

The whole Poltergeist Curse freaks me out tho

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/09/07 at 5:01 pm

Both great films from the producer Steven Spielberg

I agree.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/07 at 5:03 pm

I agree.
I saw both films in the same cinema, with the same members of my family, this thread is bringing back memories.

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/07 at 6:34 pm

The whole Poltergeist Curse freaks me out tho

same here

Written By: Davester on 06/09/07 at 7:16 pm

Egh...E.T.

Not to slam one of your favorite movies, but going into this one, in '82, I was expecting some serious, hardcore sci-fi action ala Star Wars and got a chick flick...

It was kinda sad when the little bugger "died", though...

Poltergeist was crazy.  I remember watching it on VHS at Denice's house when we were skipping school.  And the rumors about Denice's family living with chickens is totally false.  No chickens...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/11/07 at 2:17 pm

I'm the same age as these movies. I have seen Poltergeist, but not E.T. (well, bits and pieces). I can't say if I feel old being it is their 25th anniversary. Maybe 30 years will hit me harder, lol.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/12/07 at 3:30 pm

I don't know if I feel old or not.  I was 4 years old when both movies came out lol

Four years old?!!

Wow!  I was a junior in high school when these movies came out!  :o

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/12/07 at 8:03 pm

Four years old?!!

Wow!  I was a junior in high school when these movies came out!  :o

hehe, I was fresh out of my mother's womb when E.T. came out!  ;D I was E.T.'s little sis.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/12/07 at 11:25 pm

I didn't see E.T. until my dad bought it on video (good ol' VHS, which I still have!) around 1989 or 1990. I watched it again just the other day, and it still made me cry!

I rented Poltergeist on video many years ago. That movie totally freaked me out!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/07 at 11:29 pm

I rented Poltergeist on video many years ago. That movie totally freaked me out!
They're here.

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/16/07 at 8:18 am

I will always be a fan of both movies.  ET is just a classic and one of the first movies I remember seeing in the theater.  Its always funny to see the older brother's face when he meets ET for the first time.

Poltergeist still freaks me even if the special effects aren't as good today as they seemed back then.  Its still got an ultimate creepy feeling behind it.  At times during storms, I find myself counting the seconds after lightning strikes to thunder just like the little kid did.  I guess some things just stick with you.  He He.  However, I always have had the urge to swim with dead bodies after watching it.  ;D

Written By: Temmah on 06/24/07 at 3:02 pm

My sister bought me an LP box set (yes, remember those) of Michael Jackson narrating ET...  it's still at my parent's house somewhere in South Africa.  I cried like a baby when I saw ET the first time...  still do :\'(

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/21/07 at 4:35 pm

I'm older than both these movies and I saw them both in theatres.

So am I, but I never went to the movies to see ET or Poltergeist.  I only saw those two movies on HBO a year after its release.  This was back when HBO was Channel 2 if you live in a certain area.  If you didn't watch a certain movie in the theatre, HBO would show it a year later.  I had the ET game and the book.  I remember when I watch Poltergeist on
HBO on Channel 2 in 1983, and I remember trying to be Caroline.  I used to sit in front of the TV and put my two little hands on the TV. ;D  I can relate to Caroline.  She was the youngest just like me.  That movie scared the mess out of me.  It's a shame that girl died in real life 6 years later.  :\'( She was one of my favorite actresses because we're in the same age group.

Check for new replies or respond here...