inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone know...

Written By: MewMewkara on 06/12/07 at 4:47 pm

Where to buy 80's clothes? Or give me ideas for an 80's outfit? I love the 80's and I really want to start dressing like it. I have some things like rubber bracelets, leggings, leg warmers, lots of tapered jeans, etc. But I want more. I can't find any websites and I can't find anything in thrift shops. Any ideas? I'm only 15 and I don't have a lot of money.

Subject: Re: Does anyone know...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/12/07 at 5:00 pm

Where to buy 80's clothes? Or give me ideas for an 80's outfit? I love the 80's and I really want to start dressing like it. I have some things like rubber bracelets, leggings, leg warmers, lots of tapered jeans, etc. But I want more. I can't find any websites and I can't find anything in thrift shops. Any ideas? I'm only 15 and I don't have a lot of money.
Do you have Charity or Thrift shops in your area?

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/12/07 at 5:15 pm

Not sure if they have the chain of thrift stores called "Out of the Closet" in your area, (they are all over the southern LA, Cali area).
They have good stuff, well taken care of, and priced damn cheap.
Lots of '80's period clothing. '80 furniture, records, and tapes too.

You can imagine the stores have a bit of a alternative lifestyle clientele by the sly name  ;) ,give them a try.

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/12/07 at 5:15 pm

I saw some cute 80s inspired shirts at target.
  All you'd really need would be leggings, a big bow hair band, a brightly colored sweat shirt that you cut the neck out of and  lots of bracelets. 

here are some great leggins  http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/jump.jsp?itemID=708&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=10&iSubCat=708

Written By: MewMewkara on 06/14/07 at 1:56 pm

Do you have Charity or Thrift shops in your area?

No  :\'( There's some in other towns around mine but I can't get anywhere.

Written By: MewMewkara on 06/14/07 at 1:58 pm

Thanks for the ideas guys, this helped a lot. I saw some 80's inspired things at Target.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...