inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fergus The Mushroom?!

Written By: Patpromise on 06/19/07 at 10:11 am

Hi Guys,

There was a book (possibly made into a cartoon later) and a set of toys which contained the character "Fergus the Mushroom" and "Tullulah the Tomato" as well as a Corn on the Cob whose name has been lost in time.

If anyone remembers this, and can remember the name of the book, or even has any related stuff they'd like to get rid of for cold, hard cash (it's someones birthday soon!), please please please drop me an email:

patpromise gmail com

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Here's a pic of a Tullulah toy:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_CEMMlsEjTas/Rk_KiZpzvEI/AAAAAAAAAB0/CXm6BsnGpiM/s320/Image010.jpg

Subject: Re: Fergus The Mushroom?!

Written By: karen on 06/19/07 at 10:46 am

When I read this I immediately thought of the Ladybird book series The Garden Gang.  Having read the list here I'm not sure it is the same thing but I've posted it anyway in case it is what the OP was looking for.

Written By: karen on 06/19/07 at 10:48 am

Another quick Google on "Fergus the Mushroom" finds references to them being part of an Avon set of toys and bath products called Avon Somersaults  :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/20/07 at 7:56 pm

My friend had one, and I believe it was called Fergus Fungus.

Written By: airsupplyairhead on 06/22/07 at 3:39 pm

That's a cute toy.

Written By: Melissa on 03/28/09 at 7:24 am

Hi,

The book is called Today's the Day -- you can usually find copies on ebay.

Enjoy! Melissa

Hi Guys,

There was a book (possibly made into a cartoon later) and a set of toys which contained the character "Fergus the Mushroom" and "Tullulah the Tomato" as well as a Corn on the Cob whose name has been lost in time.

If anyone remembers this, and can remember the name of the book, or even has any related stuff they'd like to get rid of for cold, hard cash (it's someones birthday soon!), please please please drop me an email:

patpromise gmail com

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Here's a pic of a Tullulah toy:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_CEMMlsEjTas/Rk_KiZpzvEI/AAAAAAAAAB0/CXm6BsnGpiM/s320/Image010.jpg

Written By: Chianna on 12/06/11 at 12:11 pm

just wanted to say thank you!!! ive been looking for this for ages as really want a opy for my daughter, and just couldnt remember what it was called

Check for new replies or respond here...