inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheap Trick In The 80s

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 06/25/07 at 10:58 am

Personally I can't go past "The Flame", which I still love, inspite of excessive air play. I also chose "If You Want My Love" and "Ghost Town".

Subject: Re: Cheap Trick In The 80s

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/25/07 at 11:48 am

Definitely "The Flame" followed by "Don't Be Cruel"; though their version of "Sea of Love" should be considered too.

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 12:40 pm

- Everything Works if You Let It
- Stop This Game
- The Flame

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/07 at 2:23 pm

I only know Cheap Trick for I Want You To Want Me and that was late 70s, so in this poll/thread I will not vote.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/07 at 3:54 pm

Mighty Wings

Cat

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/26/07 at 8:25 am

Tonight It's You is the only Cheap Trick song I like from any decade.  Their version of Don't Be Cruel was good but my Elvis-loving mother couldn't bear to hear it playing in her house. ::)

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/26/07 at 10:19 am

I remember "The Flame" and "Don't Be Cruel" being played in heavy rotation in 1988/early 1989.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/26/07 at 3:21 pm

Tonight It's You is the only Cheap Trick song I like from any decade.  Their version of Don't Be Cruel was good but my Elvis-loving mother couldn't bear to hear it playing in her house. ::)

I actually heard that Cheap Trick were one of the few "modern" bands that Elvis liked. Just before he died, he heard them in a recording studio I believe. I wonder what he would've thought of the "Don't Be Cruel" cover.

Anyway, I like their MTV-era, especially "The Flame" and "She's Tight". Does anyone think they were like a Cars/proto-hair metal cross?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 10:07 pm

I only know Cheap Trick for I Want You To Want Me and that was late 70s, so in this poll/thread I will not vote.

Ditto,
My other two would be
"Surrender"
and
"Dream Police"

Written By: Renegade Retro on 06/27/07 at 9:51 pm

We have recently added just about the complete discography of Cheap Trick's work, so feel free to request any you aren't familiar with :D

http://www.renegaderetro.com

Written By: NbC on 06/29/07 at 3:21 am

I am not a big Cheap Trick fan but I really liked The Flame.

Written By: KC Time Machine on 06/29/07 at 2:45 pm

BIG Cheap Trick fan here... though I only started listening to them with The Flame/Don't Be Cruel. ( I was in HS at the time).  The ironic thing is that once I managed to get all of their cassettes - it was time to replace them all with CDs!

Anyway, as far as my favorites from the 80's:

Stop This Game rocks... as does It's Only Love...  though Mighty Wings & Up the Creek are fun to listen to...

Check for new replies or respond here...