inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black" music video

Written By: gargantuas on 06/27/07 at 8:23 am

I remember about 1982 or so, seeing a video by the Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black."  In the video, a large creepy looking man is befriended by a little girl,  maybe 7 or 8, at a carnival where he is working at the roller coaster.  They go around and have fun at the carnival and even ride the coaster themselves.  The carnival closes and the two hug and she disappears into the night.

I can find hide nor hair of it.  I've seen a few hundred concert versions and fan made videos but not this original.  Does this ring a bell?

Subject: Re: Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black" music video

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/07 at 9:00 am

Have you tried YouTube?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/27/07 at 10:06 am

I remember about 1982 or so, seeing a video by the Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black."  In the video, a large creepy looking man is befriended by a little girl,  maybe 7 or 8, at a carnival where he is working at the roller coaster.  They go around and have fun at the carnival and even ride the coaster themselves.  The carnival closes and the two hug and she disappears into the night.

I can find hide nor hair of it.  I've seen a few hundred concert versions and fan made videos but not this original.  Does this ring a bell?

Was it on Mtv or a video music program?  I know Solid Gold used to make their own videos for a song once in awhile too (though usually only stuff on the pop charts at the time).  Chances are that it's not an official video, but something a video music program put together.

Written By: gargantuas on 06/27/07 at 2:52 pm

Yes, I tried YouTube, no (tumblin') dice.

I remember it was on MTV.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 8:36 pm

"Paint It, Black" is one of my favorite RS songs.  I'm glad I missed that thing.
::)

Written By: gargantuas on 07/04/07 at 8:49 pm

This wasa an awesome video.  It did exist.  Someone knows about it.  The truth is out there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/07 at 11:59 pm

Paint It Black finishes of a movie, Full Metal Jacket

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/07 at 9:40 pm

Paint It Black finishes of a movie, Full Metal Jacket

Trivia:

The Rolling Stones allow their songs to be in movies but do not allow their songs to be on soundtrack albums.

So, for instance, "Ruby Tuesday" was featured in "The Royal Tennenbaums," but does not appear on the soundtrack, which is unfortunate because it would have made a good soundtrack album great!

Written By: UberGoob on 05/10/08 at 8:56 pm

Yep, I remember this video.  It was actually a little boy who shared the roller coaster ride with the fat freak in the blue jumpsuit, though, and he went home with his parents at the end.  This video has aired on VH1 Classic a number of times, I believe, and aired on MTV in the early 80's as well.

Written By: STEPHENSTEPHEN! on 12/07/09 at 1:49 pm

Viola!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxS3skk_od4

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/09 at 2:43 pm

Trivia:

The Rolling Stones allow their songs to be in movies but do not allow their songs to be on soundtrack albums.

So, for instance, "Ruby Tuesday" was featured in "The Royal Tennenbaums," but does not appear on the soundtrack, which is unfortunate because it would have made a good soundtrack album great!
I noticed that too. on the movie "The Departed" the song Gimme Shelter is not on the soundtrack, but lesser known song Let It Loose is. what's up wit that  ???

also, the song Baby Blue - Badfinger is in the movie, but did not make the soundtrack & I found that very disconcerting  :-\\

Viola!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxS3skk_od4

so this is the one?  I'm at work and can't view now. well done  8)

Written By: Paul on 12/07/09 at 4:10 pm

Trivia:

May, just may, have something to do with the ownership of those early classics, which I think are still the property of ABKCO (a company who only see fit to release on their terms! So if ABKCO had full control of the soundtrack, it'd probably be on there!)

(Also applies to several Sam Cooke songs and the entire Cameo-Parkway archive...)

also, the song Baby Blue - Badfinger is in the movie, but did not make the soundtrack & I found that very disconcerting  :-\\

This song is controlled by the Beatles' Apple empire...and they're just as bad as ABKCO!

Written By: Jake Mattison on 09/06/10 at 12:30 am

The song "Cant you hear me knocking" appeared on the "Blow" soundtrack which would suggest that they do in fact allow their songs to be on soundtrack albums!

Check for new replies or respond here...