inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking 4 these songs ...

Written By: coco_pup on 06/28/07 at 7:52 pm

I'm after some songs kind of rare, I'm after a song from a Fluppy Dogs read-a-long book it came with an audio cassette, can't recall the title of the story however, it came with this song after the story had been told the song was last, and had the words "Best friends stick together", A Peter Reckell song - Surrender to me, Beat of a heart - Billy Barber (from the movie The Masterson Curse with Mary Page Keller), and songs from the eighties double shows, StarStruck and Out of step.  Star Struck was made in '81 it had actress Trini Alvarado in it about a girl who wants to be a singer and she writes her own songs and plays them on her guitar, really good story and great songs. Would anyone be familiar with the movie?
If anyone can help me with any of these songs or perhaps, even send me an mp3 of the songs (if you have the song and it's possible to find) I'd love a copy.

Thanks very much,
Ellie  :)

Subject: Re: Looking 4 these songs ...

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/03/07 at 7:05 am

The only Starstruck I know of was the Australian film released in 1982 - which did not star Trini Alvarado. It starred Jo Kennedy as the aspiring singer. It had a brilliant soundtrack and it is available in most stores.
IMDB link http://imdb.com/title/tt0084728/

Is that the one you are thinking of ?

Subject: Re: Looking 4 these songs ...

Written By: coco_pup on 07/12/07 at 8:56 pm

No, this one had two different stories one entitled, Starstruck and Out Of Step was made in 1981 and the first story which was Starstruck (video title) starred Trini Alvarado.  I'll give you this link on IMDB about this TV series (not actually a movie) this might help:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0235781/

Also, if anyone can help me with any of the songs I've mentioned from Starstruck, and some other movies it would mean so very much to me that is if they're possible to find.

Thank You,
Ellie.

Check for new replies or respond here...