inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girl Talk (1988) Board Game

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/29/07 at 3:55 pm

I can't remember when I got this, it may have been sometime around 1989 or 1990, but I used to really have a lot of fun playing it! Do any of you girls (and possibly guys) play this game? From what I remember, it was popular.

http://www.newgamebits.com/LID/Girl_Talk_Box_Cover.jpg

Subject: Re: Girl Talk (1988) Board Game

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/07 at 4:20 pm

OMG....I had that game!! ;D I remember my sister and I used to make fun of the little pictures of the guys that they had in the game...fun times. :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 4:22 pm

I remember this game, but I never played it (for obvious reasons) :D

Girls in my school used to talk about it like it was the greatest game ever lol

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/29/07 at 4:42 pm

OMG....I had that game!! ;D I remember my sister and I used to make fun of the little pictures of the guys that they had in the game...fun times. :D

;D That's actually the thing that sparked my memory for it today. I was walking by a locker they have near our pre-press department here at work, and I noticed a sticker that looked just like one of those guys you'd see on the card thingy for one of the guys in the game. I thought it was funny and I may stop next time and take a closer look at it to see if it really came from the game or not. I use to have very picky preferences of the guys I liked or not, lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/07 at 4:50 pm

;D That's actually the thing that sparked my memory for it today. I was walking by a locker they have near our pre-press department here at work, and I noticed a sticker that looked just like one of those guys you'd see on the card thingy for one of the guys in the game. I thought it was funny and I may stop next time and take a closer look at it to see if it really came from the game or not. I use to have very picky preferences of the guys I liked or not, lol

now i might have to try and find the game on Ebay! LOL! :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/29/07 at 4:58 pm

now i might have to try and find the game on Ebay! LOL! :D

I was actually thinking that myself... ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 4:59 pm

You should try the thrift stores.  I often see old board games like these all the time on the shelves

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/07 at 9:12 pm

You should try the thrift stores.  I often see old board games like these all the time on the shelves

As a matter of fact, I think I actually DID see this game at Goodwill a few months ago...but I didn't buy it. :-\\

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/29/07 at 11:10 pm

I remember this game, although I never played it. Some of the younger girls in my old neighborhood used to play board games on one of their front lawns, and I believe "Girl Talk" was one of them.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/30/07 at 12:19 pm

hahaha I had this game. I got it when it came out for Christmas!

Written By: star500 on 06/30/07 at 4:38 pm

I never had the game.....wasn't interested in games like "Girl Talk", "Dream Phone" and other such games. I did, however, read the "Girl Talk" books when I was at camp. They always had a few of them in the lodge and I would take them back to my cabin and read them. Does anyone remember the "Girl Talk" book series?

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/30/07 at 7:03 pm

I was too old for this game but I used to play Mystery Date...

http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a7/c4/9ddf_12.JPG

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/07 at 10:08 pm

I never had the game.....wasn't interested in games like "Girl Talk", "Dream Phone" and other such games. I did, however, read the "Girl Talk" books when I was at camp. They always had a few of them in the lodge and I would take them back to my cabin and read them. Does anyone remember the "Girl Talk" book series?

Yes, I do remember those books, I may have had a few of them.

Written By: rsbryswrrl on 03/10/08 at 1:30 pm

Was this the game that had the zit stickers you had to put on your face if you didn't do the dares or answer the questions??

Check for new replies or respond here...