inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The First Fiona

Written By: miamijim on 07/11/07 at 3:53 pm

Anyone remember Fiona Flanagan the 80s hottie, rock star who sang ‘Talk To Me,’ produced albums and music videos, played Little Miss Dangerous in the Miami Vice episode of the same name, and appeared with Bob Dylan in the English flop movie “Hearts of Fire?”  She was quite a rock singer and actress in the 80s but her memorabilia is getting harder and harder to find. Unfortunately she has been mainly retired from the entertainment business for years. David who lives in Malaga, Spain is her number one fan. His web site in English, devoted to Fiona, is at http://www.telefonica.net/web2/dvnet/fiona/intro.htm.  David and I are interested in trading/swapping or otherwise acquiring Fiona tapes, pictures, or any other memorabilia.  Let us hear about your memories of Fiona whether you have any of her stuff or not. I know there are plenty of Fiona fans out there.

Great site by the way, thanks to the management for keeping the best years of Rock alive.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/miamijimf/miss20.jpg

Subject: Re: The First Fiona

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/11/07 at 7:22 pm

Sure, I remember Fiona...just not very well.
:-\\

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/07 at 11:01 pm

Sure, I remember Fiona...just not very well.
:-\\

same here

Written By: vicemancometh on 07/12/07 at 4:05 pm

Nice forum. Sue I do. Loved her as the sexy villain on Miami Vice.Didn't know she sang with others :)

Written By: miamijim on 07/12/07 at 7:27 pm

Nice forum. Sue I do. Loved her as the sexy villain on Miami Vice.Didn't know she sang with others :)

Hi Viceman,

Glad to see a fellow Miami-Vice.org member here.  This seems to be a state of the art and well run site with lots of friendly young people.  Ya I've been a Fiona fan since I first saw that MV episode in 85.  Check out the link to the Fiona web site in this thread to see what else she was into.

Written By: vicemancometh on 07/13/07 at 10:01 pm

Yeah, it is a very impressive looking site, lots of great and interesting subjects.When I saw Fiona in 1985, I didn't know she was a singer. 8) 8)

Written By: smokejumper on 10/09/07 at 8:23 am

Yes I do remember her, loved her and have spent the last 4 years trying to get a copy of both the film HEARTS OF FIRE and the sountrack to it. all help apprechiated

Written By: miamijim on 10/09/07 at 12:50 pm

Smokejumper,

I just saw a VHS copy of Hearts of Fire on www.half.com and a 33rpm LP of the soundtrack on ebay.  You should send an email to my friend David, whose web site (dedicated to Fiona) I cited in my first post on this thread.  He has to be her no. 1 fan (based on his collection and the years he has been a fan) and likes to hear from othe Fiona fans.  She has been out of show business so long, its tough to locate those who remember her and prize her memoribilia.

Regards.

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/09/07 at 8:15 pm

Is this the same Fiona that sang a duet with Winger around 1989 or 1990?

Written By: miamijim on 10/09/07 at 9:06 pm

Coqueta83,

Yes and here is a link to a video of the duet with Fiona and Winger.  http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9287535  Love her and hate him. :)

Regards,

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/10/07 at 8:08 pm

Coqueta83,

Yes and here is a link to a video of the duet with Fiona and Winger.  http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9287535  Love her and hate him. :)

Regards,

Thank you!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...