inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your thoughts on Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" video?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/14/07 at 3:56 am

You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbhXmSBlS_U

I always thought it was classic '80s cheese in a fun and purposefully silly/entertaining sense. Especially Money playing with the microphone as he pretends to "perform" the song. ;D

P.S. This was the VERY first thing that we ever recorded off VH1 back in the day, around January 1991, so this was almost like the song that introduced me to videos in general. I can't remember if I did it or not, but since I actually still have that same tape today, it's got some sentimental value to me. Quite a bit of my stuff I recorded in that era got partially erased, eaten or lost.

Subject: Re: Your thoughts on Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" video?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/14/07 at 4:29 am

You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbhXmSBlS_U

I always thought it was classic '80s cheese in a fun and purposefully silly/entertaining sense. Especially Money playing with the microphone as he pretends to "perform" the song. ;D

P.S. This was the VERY first thing that we ever recorded off VH1 back in the day, around January 1991, so this was almost like the song that introduced me to videos in general. I can't remember if I did it or not, but since I actually still have that same tape today, it's got some sentimental value to me. Quite a bit of my stuff I recorded in that era got partially erased, eaten or lost.
I love this song and will watch the video shortly. I've always liked this as my favorite Eddie song. thanks for the link Marty. I'm not a big fan of videos just because of the pretending that's done, but..... if it's a good song, I can live with it  8)   oh yeah, and Ronnie Spector is so cool and a nice blending of her hit Be My Baby

Subject: Re: Your thoughts on Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" video?

Written By: whistledog on 07/14/07 at 5:02 am

i black and white music videos, so naturally this is one of my faves 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...