inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need help finding this song

Written By: Lester on 07/16/07 at 5:19 pm

Alright people, I heard this song a while ago and I’m trying to find the name of it. I saw the video on Youtube, and it’s a guy sitting on a chair in a dark room with moonshine coming in through the window. This was going on throughout most of the video. The theme of the song was sad, but I cannot remember any of the words. The description for the video suggested that the song was about how painful the singers divorce was. I’m not sure the song is from the 80’s but that’s what it looked like. Anyone know?

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 07/17/07 at 3:11 am

:-X

Subject: Re: I need help finding this song

Written By: Thomas on 07/22/07 at 11:54 am

How about "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz7gajAb2ww

This was written about the time of his divorce, and clearly seems to be talking about that, despite some claims that it was written about a literal drowning.  He's using drowning as a metaphor for his feelings of loneliness, helplessness and despair; the divorce (as I understand it) was severely acrimonious.

Written By: Lester on 07/23/07 at 9:42 pm

Thomas, I think I love you. Thanks.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/23/07 at 9:43 pm

Thomas, I think I love you. Thanks.

aww..that's sweet. :-*

Written By: cynthiaharney on 07/24/07 at 11:38 am

Alright people, I heard this song a while ago and I’m trying to find the name of it. I saw the video on Youtube, and it’s a guy sitting on a chair in a dark room with moonshine coming in through the window. This was going on throughout most of the video. The theme of the song was sad, but I cannot remember any of the words. The description for the video suggested that the song was about how painful the singers divorce was. I’m not sure the song is from the 80’s but that’s what it looked like. Anyone know?

Sounds to me like it's No Regrets from Midge Ure in 1982.

Check for new replies or respond here...