inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Welchs' Rum Frappe

Written By: Dee-Dee on 07/17/07 at 5:21 pm

I hope there are some other readers out there that can remember the candy bars of the 1940's.  I used to love one called

"Welchs' Rum Frappe".  It was  rum flavored fudge with raisins in it, and covered with chocolate.  They were only a nickel then.

Would sure like to have another one. 

Subject: Re: Welchs' Rum Frappe

Written By: danootaandme on 08/19/07 at 2:48 pm

I hope there are some other readers out there that can remember the candy bars of the 1940's.   I used to love one called

"Welchs' Rum Frappe".  It was  rum flavored fudge with raisins in it, and covered with chocolate.  They were only a nickel then.

Would sure like to have another one. 

Sounds like my kinda fun.  I would like to try that but I have never seen them.  I go to a fudge place in Rockport(Massachusetts) to get Rum Raisin Fudge, it is the only place I have ever found that makes it and it is deeeeeelicious.  :)

Written By: Dee-Dee on 08/19/07 at 8:03 pm

Since we live in central Ohio, guess I won't be able to try those.  But I make raisin fudge fairly often.  Tastes a little like sour

cream raisin pie.  My family really likes it.  But for some reason, I've never even thought of putting rum flavoring in it.  I always use

vanilla.  Think I'll try rum next time.  Then maybe try coating it with chocolate, too!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/07 at 11:45 pm

Candy bars from the 1940s?
???

Written By: Watcher29 on 08/20/07 at 6:33 am

Candy bars from the 1940s?
???

Wrong forum I bet

Check for new replies or respond here...