inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Echo and the Bunnymen

Written By: McDonald on 07/31/07 at 12:28 pm

Echo and the Bunnymen is my favourite 80s group, and they have been a constant source of enjoyment for me for many years. They define my image of the eighties perfectly. Are there any other fans out there? If so, which are your favourite albums, videos or tracks?

Although I like all of their 80s albums, I think their masterpiece was 1984's Ocean Rain.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/amg/pop_albums/5/5/z/f55081cf3zd.jpg

Besides carrying their signature hit, 'The Killing Moon', it also has a string of highly accessible tracks like 'Silver', and 'Seven Seas' to name just two.

Subject: Re: Echo and the Bunnymen

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/07 at 1:01 pm

Echo and the Bunnymen are indeed awesome!  I love 'Never Stop' and 'Lips Like Sugar'

I love the 1983 'Porcupine' LP :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000E2PY4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: McDonald on 07/31/07 at 1:38 pm

Echo and the Bunnymen are indeed awesome!  I love 'Never Stop' and 'Lips Like Sugar'

I love the 1983 'Porcupine' LP :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000E2PY4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've got it on CD and on vinyl. The vinyl is a first issue Canadian release I picked up in a Montreal record shop. For me, it's a priceless treasure.

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/31/07 at 2:01 pm

I always liked Echo & The Bunnymen, though they never really got their due.

My favorite track was "Bedbugs & Ballyhoo". Strange track, with the organ and all, always thought there was some influence from the Doors on this track...

Written By: KKay on 07/31/07 at 2:26 pm

Man, I love Porupine.  Great, great record. 

My husband was Ian McCullough's publicist and went with him to vegas.  he'll never be the same.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/31/07 at 2:48 pm

Love 'em.  I listen to the Killing Moon at least once a week!

Written By: KKay on 07/31/07 at 3:06 pm

Love 'em.  I listen to the Killing Moon at least once a week!

great song.
i play 'back of love' over and over

Written By: nally on 07/31/07 at 4:34 pm

If there was a poll on here, I'd vote for "Killing Moon" and "Lips Like Sugar." I also liked their cover of the Doors' "People Are Strange."

Written By: midnite1 on 07/31/07 at 4:37 pm

Nothing Lasts Forever is my favorite song.  I discovered this group about 4 years ago. Yes, I know 20 years too late.  The Killing Moon, The Cutter, Bring On The Dancing Horses,, and Lips Like Sugar are all great songs.

"I would register for this website if it would let me in"

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/31/07 at 4:47 pm

Nothing Lasts Forever is my favorite song.  I discovered this group about 4 years ago. Yes, I know 20 years too late.  The Killing Moon, The Cutter, Bring On The Dancing Horses,, and Lips Like Sugar are all great songs.

"I would register for this website if it would let me in"
It's never too late to discover a great band.  All of the tunes you listed rock!

Written By: nally on 07/31/07 at 4:49 pm

It's never too late to discover a great band.  All of the tunes you listed rock!

you're absolutely right. As a child of the 1980's (I was in the single digits all during the decade), I did not know a thing about most of these bands/performers. I think it was sometime during the mid-90's when I first heard of Echo & The Bunnymen. They have great music. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/07 at 5:30 pm

Love 'em

Written By: McDonald on 07/31/07 at 9:10 pm

On the CD releases in they put on a load of extra tracks at the end of the album. I love those almost as much as the albums themselves. Ocean Rain for example has alternate versions of 'The Killing Moon', 'Silver', and 'Villier's Terrace', and a cover of 'All You Need Is Love'.

Written By: Paul on 08/03/07 at 5:40 pm

They were never really on my conscious through the 80s, but there's no denying the power of 'The Cutter'...

Interesting to note that beforehand, 'Mac' was part of a very short-lived group called The Crucial Three...his bandmates included Pete Wylie (later Wah!) and Julian Cope (later Teardrop Explodes)...

I can't imagine these three 'egos' being in the same room together, let alone in a band!

Check for new replies or respond here...