inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's video games online...where to find them?

Written By: mslisann on 08/12/07 at 2:37 pm

Just recently became interested in wanting to play 80's classic video games....looking for free games online....especially looking for Burgertime!  :)  Anyone remember this game?  Know where I could find a free online version?  Let me know!  Thanks!

Subject: Re: 80's video games online...where to find them?

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/07 at 4:11 pm

In our arcade here at inthe00s, we have Burger Time, Pac-Man and over 700 some games free to play :)

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/12/07 at 9:24 pm

Just recently became interested in wanting to play 80's classic video games....looking for free games online....especially looking for Burgertime!  :)  Anyone remember this game?  Know where I could find a free online version?  Let me know!  Thanks!

There are literally hundreds of old 80's console emulators on line. Some using flash and swf for gameplay.
Just goggle "console emulators" or "NES/Sega emulators" and you'll see theres a lot to choose from.
Stay away from any of these that ask you to download software or pay a fee, not worth the $$ or the spyware/adware threat.

Highly recommend vNES http://www.virtualnes.com/, Nintendo emulator. Its FREE w/LOTS of games from the 80's game system, no spyware or adware, no need to download anything.
But beware, you need lots of memory to run them and a decent graphics card or it will playback choppy...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/13/07 at 6:25 pm

There are literally hundreds of old 80's console emulators on line. Some using flash and swf for gameplay.
Just goggle "console emulators" or "NES/Sega emulators" and you'll see theres a lot to choose from.
Stay away from any of these that ask you to download software or pay a fee, not worth the $$ or the spyware/adware threat.

Highly recommend vNES http://www.virtualnes.com/, Nintendo emulator. Its FREE w/LOTS of games from the 80's game system, no spyware or adware, no need to download anything.
But beware, you need lots of memory to run them and a decent graphics card or it will playback choppy...

Do they have anything like this for Sega games? There are a ton of those games I'd like to play again..

Check for new replies or respond here...