inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Equalizer

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/07 at 5:57 pm

Who here is a big fan of the show?  I would have to say, it's one of my favorite TV shows. Hopefully, it will be on DVD one day.

Subject: Re: The Equalizer

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/07 at 6:04 pm

I can't wait until it comes to DVD.  I used to watch the show alot, but it's been so long, I really don't remember much about it.  I remember A&W aired reruns in the 90s, which I also watched

The show's theme was performed by Stewart Copeland of The Police

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/07 at 6:26 pm

I know, the theme song was cool.

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/07 at 8:47 pm

I can't wait until it comes to DVD.  I used to watch the show alot, but it's been so long, I really don't remember much about it.  I remember A&W aired reruns in the 90s, which I also watched

The show's theme was performed by Stewart Copeland of The Police

I need to quote myself and laugh at the typo I just made.  A&E ran the reruns, not A&W :-"Yes, I'd like The Equalizer combo with Coney Fries and a Root Beer"  :D

Written By: robby76 on 08/16/07 at 9:15 pm

;D I actually believed your A&W line too.

Okay so yes I did watch The Equalizer but it was a looong time ago.

I always remember the lift scene frightening everyone in the house each time the title sequence started.

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/17/07 at 1:03 am

I mostly remember the opening for the show-pretty cool! My dad was addicted to this show.

Written By: Watcher29 on 08/17/07 at 8:00 am

Oh, man. I loved The Equalizer. Edward Woodard just plain rocks.

"If I ever see you around here again, I am going to take you apart. Piece by NASTY LITTLE PIECE!" (said in his very proper British accent, while kicking someone's ass of course)

I do hope it makes it to DVD someday soon.

Written By: Gis on 08/22/07 at 1:53 pm

My cat Edward was born when it was on T.V so I called him Edward!  ;D I saw Edward Woddward in Oxford once and nearly went up to him and said 'my cat's named after you' but then I thought perhaps not.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/07 at 9:04 pm

My cat Edward was born when it was on T.V so I called him Edward!  ;D I saw Edward Woddward in Oxford once and nearly went up to him and said 'my cat's named after you' but then I thought perhaps not.

That would have awkward.  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/24/07 at 1:06 am

The Equalizer is the show that opened me to British Television.

Robert McCall was an awesome character, and Edward Woodward was the ideal choice.

I understand he passed away some time ago.

Written By: Gis on 08/26/07 at 3:14 pm

The Equalizer is the show that opened me to British Television.

Robert McCall was an awesome character, and Edward Woodward was the ideal choice.

I understand he passed away some time ago.
No no! Edward Wodward is still alive and well, he starred in Hot Fuzz this year for example.

Written By: Paul on 08/26/07 at 3:23 pm

No no! Edward Wodward is still alive and well, he starred in Hot Fuzz this year for example.

He also had a bit of a singing career in the early 70s...just as well he stuck to the day job!  :P

If anyone would, Edward Woodward would!

Written By: chicogringosegundo on 09/01/07 at 11:45 pm

I liked the show also. i was not addicted  nor a cult fanatic , but i did enjoy the show when i got the chance to watch. I worked on a 24 hr call, and i lived on the job, which allowed me the opportunity to watch anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...