inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sheena Easton or Sheila E

Written By: woops on 09/07/07 at 3:10 am

A but tough, but Sheena Easton has a great voice and more hits (that I know of). 8)

Subject: Re: Sheena Easton or Sheila E

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/07 at 4:01 am

My devotion is for Sheena Easton

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/07 at 9:48 am

I cannot decide, so how abouw Sheila Easton :D

I actually preferred Easton.  I love 'So Far So Good'

Written By: robby76 on 09/07/07 at 11:56 am

I cannot decide, so how abouw Sheila Easton :D

I'm more of a Sheena E man myself  ;)

Hmmm who to pick? I suppose I know more Sheena Easton stuff, but Sheila E had that coolness about her and I loved "Glamorous Life" so she gets my vote!

Written By: rubix69 on 09/07/07 at 12:28 pm

Sheena Easton was SO hot!

Sheila E. wasn't bad either, I too like 'Glamorous Life' also, 'Love Bizarre' was a good tune

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/07/07 at 7:05 pm

Hard!!!

But I chose Sheena Easton based on the fact that she had more songs I liked. Sheila E. only had "Love Bizarre" and "The Glamourous Life" that I loved.

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/07/07 at 8:11 pm

They're both terrific.  :)

Written By: Class of 84 on 09/07/07 at 8:31 pm

Sheila E. seemed to be more of a flash-in-the-pan....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/07 at 9:53 pm

Sheila, dude.  It's gotta be Sheila E.  No question about it.  Easton was just a Scots bimbo with a voice like a hinge. 

Sheila E. was a brilliant percussionist with a fantastic sense of Latin rhythms.  No surprise, she's in the Escovedo family. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_E
Her '80s stage act was very "Prince," and I thought it was gawdy, but that's showbiz.  She didn't need to flaunt sex.  As a musician she could compete with the best of them.

And oh man do I hate Sheena Easton's voice!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/08/07 at 1:07 am

As for me, it's Sheena, with that Sugar Walls For Your Eyes Only attitude,
but Sheila was an exciting performer on stage. lots of energy and enthusiasm but I choose sleaze over talent  8)

Written By: Midas on 09/08/07 at 2:08 am

Sheila E. here.  She kicks ass on the drums.

Written By: robby76 on 09/08/07 at 3:31 am

Wasn't Sheila E actually part of Prince and The Revolution??? I know Wendy & Lisa were, but I'm sure Sheila was too.

Written By: gumbypiz on 09/08/07 at 4:34 am

Sheila, dude.  It's gotta be Sheila E.  No question about it.  Easton was just a Scots bimbo with a voice like a hinge. 

Sheila E. was a brilliant percussionist with a fantastic sense of Latin rhythms.  No surprise, she's in the Escovedo family. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_E
Her '80s stage act was very "Prince," and I thought it was gawdy, but that's showbiz.  She didn't need to flaunt sex.  As a musician she could compete with the best of them.

And oh man do I hate Sheena Easton's voice!

Ditto.

Sheila E was and still is a master on the drums. No offense against Mrs. (Ms) Easton.
But really, Sheila E has been BEATING her heart out on the drums for some time. No BS, she is a talented drummer with serious skills. Her one hit wonder singles not withstanding.

She has never really gotten her due.
As far as real talent is concerned, Ms Easton, has no business being in the same room as Sheila E!

Check for new replies or respond here...