inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's TV that you loved then, hate now.

Written By: Class of 84 on 09/07/07 at 8:28 pm

My kids have recently discovered different 80's TV series on DVD or DVR'ing off cable that they have been watching.  They started with The A Team, Full House, Cosby SHow, and now are into Walker, Texas Ranger (90's). Anyways, I would watch the shows with them, but found myself getting more and more repulsed at the A Team, and finally, simply couldn't watch anymore as it now seems so darn cheesy and poorly written.  I had to give up Full House as too sappy. Is this normal as we grow older? I can't bear Walker now either.  Just wondering....

Subject: Re: 80's TV that you loved then, hate now.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/08/07 at 8:11 am

^i have never laughed once at M.A.S.H. either.

i wasn't born until 1989, but i used to watch Full House all the time in the 90's, but now i too think it's too sappy.

i used to watch Saved By The Bell too (but it's more of a 90's show...), but now the acting and scripts come off as being way too forced and corny.

Written By: woops on 09/08/07 at 2:09 pm

"Growing Pains" doesn't stand the test of time

Though same for most cheesy sitcoms

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/07 at 6:46 pm

Not one that I hate, but maybe a little disappointing ...

227.  A show that I still like, but when I watched the Season 1 DVD, it really wasn't as funny as I had remembered it.  Of course I may just still be a little bitter because the Season 1 set was poorly produced .. all the episodes appear out of sequence

I remember the later seasons being much better.  In Season 2, Mary and Sandra compete on Wheel of Fortune.  In Season 3, The Jenkins' compete on Family Feud.  Since the Season 1 set sold poorly, I may never get a chance to see further seasons again :(

Written By: Gary on 09/12/07 at 2:34 pm

I loved watching the A Team, tried never to miss an epsiode of it.
Walker Texas Ranger - didnt really watch it then, am making up for it now, i have sky and i watch it on Bravo channel.

aaahhhh, those were the days  ;D

Written By: rubix69 on 09/12/07 at 2:47 pm

Walker Texas Ranger wasn't an 80s show (??)

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/12/07 at 7:45 pm

I can't really think of any specific 80's show in particular-I usually get a kick out of watching most 80's shows. I didn't watch the A-Team as regularly as, say Miami Vice, but I've liked the episodes that I did watch.

Written By: robby76 on 09/12/07 at 10:32 pm

I can safely say if I loved it then, I still love it now. Even if the individual episodes are a tad boring I can still appreciate the cast dynamics and the retro situations.

However the stuff I wasn't keen on then is still the stuff I'm not keen on now... Full House, Miami Vice etc.

Written By: Class of 84 on 09/14/07 at 7:55 pm

One thing I never tire of in the old shows are the 80's fasions for the ladies......I love those 80's hair styles.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/07 at 9:49 pm

Cosby sucks dead donkey dongs, I kinda knew it then, but I had like a massive crush on that skank Lisa Bonet, which makes it like more embarrassing and stuff!
:-liked the "A-Team," but Mr. T never busted into my living room and threatened, "I pity the foo' who don't watch my show!," so I can't really say I didn't like it either!
:o

Check for new replies or respond here...