inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rags to Riches

Written By: SweetPrincess1 on 09/17/07 at 11:19 pm

Anyone remember this? It was either a movie or mini series or regular series (i dont really remember i was really young)

It was about these girls that were adopted or fostered out to a rich single guy and they sang.

I dont know it poped into my head the other day and I was wondering if anyone else remembered it.

Subject: Re: Rags to Riches

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/17/07 at 11:42 pm

Yes!! Infact, my sister has the tape of the movie. I used to love the songs that they sang.

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/19/07 at 7:46 pm

It was a short-lived TV series from 1987 or 1988. I thought it was a really good show and was disappointed when it was cancelled.

Written By: Des on 09/21/07 at 5:30 pm

YES!! I loved that movie we recorded it on VHS and warped the tape, we watched it that much. Gina from Martin was in it.

Written By: robby76 on 09/25/07 at 9:42 am

Yes I brought this show up in the "Short-lived Shows of the 80s" thread. Me and my sister tuned in religiously. We had an episode taped from tv back in the day and I found a clip of that very episode on You Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-17gnwoWG8

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/07 at 12:51 am

Tisha Campbell was on this show.  I remember her also from the 90s sitcom 'Martin', but I never really took notice of her until she was cast on the 2000s sitcom 'My Wife and Kids'.  Dang, she is absolutely gorgeous! 8)

http://www.mahoganycafe.com/tisha/tisha9.jpg

I love her little chipmunk laugh ;D

Written By: Marian on 09/30/07 at 3:14 pm

I remember that show too.There was a girl whose mother was a nisei.

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/20/07 at 9:51 pm

RAGS TO RICHES!!!!!!  I love that show!!!!!!  That's when I first saw Tisha Campbell.  1987 was the year when that movie came out.  I cried in some parts of it.  i love the singing in that movie, and Tisha Campbell had pipes on her.  She was also in "Little Shop Of Horrors" before Rags To Riches.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/21/07 at 12:48 pm

Dont remember it..very cute. I was thinking it was the spin off from Who's The Boss? Remember when Sam was supposed to model. She had three other friends one of them was Leah Remini  anyone remember that short lived spin off.

Check for new replies or respond here...