inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Inspector Gadget

Written By: ~NeonFire372~ on 09/18/07 at 5:24 am

I loved this show. I watched it around 1995 or later when I was growing up and it was definitely one of my most favorite show on television. Now that I'm older I still enjoy watching reruns of it on YTV; anyone else like/has liked this show? It's on Amazon now, too!

Subject: Re: Inspector Gadget

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/07 at 9:31 am

Yes, I used to watch it too. My little boy loves the newer movie (with Matthew Broderick)...and the cartoons.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/07 at 9:33 am

Yes, I used to watch it too. My little boy loves the newer movie (with Matthew Broderick)...and the cartoons.
My son loved it, I watch a few of the episodes, but we never got to see the movie.

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/07 at 9:55 am

I used to watch Inspector Gadget all the time, and sometimes I still find myself watching the re-runs :)

Here's some trivia bits:
♦ The voice of Penny was by (American born) Canadian actress Cree Summer, who you might remember as Freddie Brooks on the popular sitcom 'A Different World'. 

♦ While Don Adams was in Canada doing voice work for Inspector Gadget, he decided to bank on his comeback success by starring in a situation comedy about a supermarket.  The show, titled "Check it Out!" was not a ratings success in the States, but it ran for 3 seasons in Canada ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npoo1dQlrhU

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/07 at 9:47 pm

I remember both shows.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/21/07 at 3:35 pm

One of favorite cartoons growing up.

Written By: chiefyamick on 09/22/07 at 12:38 am

I used to love that cartoon!! LOL, even today, how many years later, I will often actually find myself saying "go go gadget  _______"- still gets laughs from a few of my friends, but there are a ton of people who have no idea what I'm talking about.  ;D

Written By: Banks on 09/22/07 at 7:41 pm

I used to watch this cartoon as a young teenager. My kid brother was one and two years old at the time and he loved the theme song.

The original cartoon reminds me of Astro-Boy, Danger Mouse, Metal Mickey, M.A.S.K and Ulyssys 33 because they were all on around the same time as Gadget.

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...