inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Garfield

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/02/07 at 8:17 am

The best damn cartoon in the 80's-90's (But this is me.) is 'Garfield and Friends'. Garfield is a lasgna-loving cat that harasses Jon who will never get any in a million years and Odie who's dumber than rocks. Then there's a segment called 'U.S. Acres' (Now known as 'Orsons Farm' for some reason.) and it has Orson T. Pig who's the leader of the barn, Wade who's more of a chicken than a duck, and Roy who's an impractical joker.

Who else likes this show?

Subject: Re: Gafield

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/07 at 9:40 am

I watched it all the time.  The U.S. Acres segments were great!  I loved how Wade the Duck always wore that innertube that had his face on it, and whatever expression his face made, the face on his innertube also made LOL

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/02/07 at 3:35 pm

I watched it all the time.  The U.S. Acres segments were great!  I loved how Wade the Duck always wore that innertube that had his face on it, and whatever expression his face made, the face on his innertube also made LOL

To me, Wade Duck wore the inner tube because he's afraid of his nudity.

Written By: cinnabon on 10/02/07 at 6:51 pm

I loved the Garfield show as well - I also liked the Garfield Christmas special that first aired in 1987, I used to watch that religiously every year at Christmas time.  :)

I think it was cool too when they had those Garfield toys with the suction cups on his paws that people could attach to their car windows - nothing says late 1980's than that, except perhaps those Baby on Board signs.  8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/02/07 at 7:27 pm

I love Garfield! The cartoon show and the holiday specials were terrific. I still have some of my old Garfield dolls from the 80's.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/02/07 at 8:05 pm

XKCD said it best: Garfield.

The saddest thing about Garfield is that Jim Davis proved himself capable of doing so for Hallowe'en in 1989: 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6.

Former fans have been waiting ever since for him to do it again.  Go on, Jim.  Do it.  You know you want to. 

Written By: Step-chan on 10/02/07 at 8:37 pm

One of my favorites.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/02/07 at 9:02 pm

Garfield was a great cartoon.  As for U.S. Acres I liked Lanolin and shelton.

Written By: wildcard on 10/02/07 at 9:45 pm

Loved watching Garfield and U. S. Acres.  I remember two theme songs.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/02/07 at 10:14 pm

Garfield and Friends is a great show.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/03/07 at 5:46 pm

"Gafield"

That's how they said it in Boston!

I wanted to do to him what got done to the president of the same name!
;D

Written By: Gis on 10/04/07 at 10:29 am

I loved Shellby from Orson's farm.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/05/07 at 10:17 am

I loved this show. I used to watch it every Saturday morning from the late '80s, until the mid '90s.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 2:05 pm

I loved Shellby from Orson's farm.

Don't you mean Sheldon? And how the hell do they know if he's a boy or a girl since he's an egg?

Check for new replies or respond here...