inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peabo Bryson!

Written By: rythemgrl on 10/08/07 at 12:01 pm

Hey there! Anyone a Peabo Bryson fan? Well I"ve been a huge fan since I was a kid and starting listening to Disney songs. He recently released a new album and his voice is just amazing. Thos album is one of the few where all the tracks can be played without skipping any.

Subject: Re: Peabo Bryson!

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/07 at 12:05 pm

Off hand, I know 4 songs by Peabo, and I enjoy all 4 ...

Tonight, I Celebrate My Love <w/ Roberta Flack> (1983)
If Ever You're in My Arms Again (1984)
Beauty and the Beast <w/ Sealion Dion> (1992)
A Whole New World <w/ Regina Belle> (1994)

He had lots of minor hits in the 80s which I have on mp3, but I have yet to familiarize myself with them

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/08/07 at 2:07 pm

Beauty and the Beast <w/ Sealion Dion> (1992)

LOL!  ;D

'If Ever You're In My Arms Again' is my favorite Peabo Bryson song...

Written By: nally on 10/08/07 at 2:10 pm

I kinda like that one too. I actually remember hearing it on the radio when it was a big hit; I was 4 at the time. ;D It's probably one of maybe 100 songs from the 80's that I actually knew during the 80's!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/08/07 at 2:23 pm

I kinda like that one too. I actually remember hearing it on the radio when it was a big hit; I was 4 at the time. ;D It's probably one of maybe 100 songs from the 80's that I actually knew during the 80's!

I was a senior in high school when that song came out!  :o

Written By: nally on 10/08/07 at 2:25 pm

I was a senior in high school when that song came out!  :o

that's right! :o

And I was just entering preschool!

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/08/07 at 7:50 pm

That's my favorite Peabo Bryson song, too. This song was a staple of soft rock stations throughout the 90's and I still hear this song every once in a while.  :)

Written By: robby76 on 10/09/07 at 10:06 am

Agreed - I could listen to that over and over. It's one of those light n easy listening classics.

Written By: star500 on 10/09/07 at 10:59 am

Yeah, Peabo is awesome. I love his song If Ever Your In My Arms Again. I don't even think I was born when it came out, LOL. But my mom used to play it for me when I was a baby. That is how I developed a liking for his music. Another two songs he sang that I liked were Beauty and the Beast and A Whole New World. I also like Tonight, I Celebrate My Love For You....so romantic. *sigh* ::)

Written By: K-Bee on 11/10/07 at 8:50 am

Peabo's claim were obviously the Disney songs but to me that's not really what he is about at all. Digging through his albums there are quite a few gems worth mentioning, and in fact one of his most unknown albums (Quiet Storm from 1986) has by all time favorite Bryson cut on there:
The great midtempo shuffler "Catch 22"
peabo on youtube - good stuff to be found there.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=peabo+bryson&search=Search

Written By: tv on 11/11/07 at 2:03 pm

that's right! :o

And I was just entering preschool!
Yeah I was in Pre-school when "If Ever Your In My Arms Again" was a hit because I remember hearing that one radio back then. I also remember hearing "Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You" from when I was younger too.

I think the whole Disney thing was a way of putting himself back in the spotlight. I really can't blame him for him doing a duet with Regina Belle either. Regina Belle is a quality singer.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/12/07 at 12:36 am

All the pleasure of waterboarding!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...